• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Timlin sad to leave ‘his’ Shrimpers

I think this is really poor by the Club - irrespective of whether or not you feel Tims should have been offered a new contract, he and MAF were told they were still wanted. If something has changed then whatever it is should have been discussed and agreed by RM and CP before publicly saying that these two players would be offered new deals.

It's a bit amateurish, particularly on the back of the Josh Wright misunderstanding, but I don't think any real harm's been done.

It's a bit amateurish, particularly on the back of the Josh Wright misunderstanding, but I don't think any real harm's been done.

I think it paints us pretty poorly - Wright's contract extension **** up and then both Timlin and MAF thinking they were going to be offered new contracts.

To anyone.

maybe a little old fashioned but,
I was brought up to believe that thar my word and my reputation were very important . In fact one of the things I tell my staff is “ if this was on the news, all be it one sided, and your mum was watching, would you feel she would be proud of you?

the club has failed this test with timlin and Wright ( I haven’t read enough on MAF to have a view)

Perhaps you should try putting yourself in Michael Timlin's shoes (or boots).

Timlin was expecting a contract offer but as no offer had been made he had no idea whether that contract would be suitable or not. His agent would have been making preparations in case that offer wasn't suitable.

Of course he's disappointed (I'm disappointed as I thought we were a better side last season when he was playing), but it's the message he'll be disappointed about, not the way it was delivered.

In reality he's in no worse position and no more disappointed than he would have been had CP told him he was being released last day of the season.

maybe a little old fashioned but,
I was brought up to believe that thar my word and my reputation were very important . In fact one of the things I tell my staff is “ if this was on the news, all be it one sided, and your mum was watching, would you feel she would be proud of you?

the club has failed this test with timlin and Wright ( I haven’t read enough on MAF to have a view)

Sure it's regrettable and if we had the opportunity to do it again I'm sure we'd handle it differently but it'll all be forgotten in a few months' time.

Back