• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Other Country you would like to live in.

I am in agreement with A.S.S. on this ; GB.
Other countries are great for holidays or a year or so but Blighty can't be beaten.
We loved Australia the few months we have spent there, especially Brisbane; Italy (Tuscany) is great in Spring and Autumn. France is good for a lazy summer.
The bottom line is loads of money is all that is needed for a good Brit to enjoy the globe and still have the best "home"..

If neither of us had our parents to consider, and we were in a position to be able to, then either Tenerife or Florida. Kev already has family out in Florida (and Texas but I don't fancy that after hearing of the bugs and snakes they encountered when visiting!) and our little spot of Tenerife has felt like home to me since I first visited in the 70s.

I did consider Australia and Singapore when the children were quite small as the ex had the opportunity of moves with work, but they were short contracts (12 - 18 months) with no promises at the end.

The Mrs lived in Spain for 18 years, her mum has recently moved back over there, I love it and can see me going at some point however 6 year old mini Ross will have to be 16 before I go.

Italy has always appealed as has New Zealand, We will see where life takes me once I let it!

Replying to this thread from Lisbon which is a decent city although has a bit of a drug problem as was approached three times on my first afternoon and rather too many hills my liking.

The only place I am not ready to come home from after a week or so is Thailand but buying property there is not possibly independently for a none Thai so maybe a longer term rent at some stage. Although in reality Southend and the UK has various issues it is still home and has many things I would miss on daily basis so doubt I will ever be living elsewhere.

Replying to this thread from Lisbon which is a decent city although has a bit of a drug problem as was approached three times on my first afternoon and rather too many hills my liking.

Fancy that. I'm in Lisbon too right now - I'll see your three and raise you ten :smile:

Maybe I just look like a bit of a druggie.

Haven't had much chance to explore on this trip as I'm here for work but in the past I've loved it. Estadio Do Luz, Belem, Castelo de San Jorge, Bairro Alto, etc...

Often thought I'd like to live in Amritsar, India as it's one of the most magical places I've ever been, but in reality I very much doubt it.

Has to be Vancouver in Canada for me, love the place plus chance to watch my second favourite sport (ice hockey) on a regular basis :thumbsup:

Has to be Vancouver in Canada for me, love the place plus chance to watch my second favourite sport (ice hockey) on a regular basis :thumbsup:

I spent 4 months in Vancouver in the 80's. I found it a very odd city even run by the Chinese in those days...I went out to Conquitlan in the end to escape the city, there it is nice, apart from when people there go to visit close neighbours they don't tell you it is 3 hours away. Overall I felt there was no close community in that vast country.

Trips through Hells gate to Bannf were fun ish,(which is a whole story on it's own) but I would not want to live there.

Where abouts on the island? Paleo is so pretty but I'd have to live in Sidari, its my fave place on this earth
We go to St George's South normally but have been to north coast a few times too. Corfu Town is fantastic, great atmosphere. Lovely island.

New Zealand or Spain for me.

I turned down a job in NZ, which turned out to be a result as I wouldn't have met my soon to be wife. Spain is a place we've both visited numerous times and love. We get married in Spain in September!

I spent 4 months in Vancouver in the 80's. I found it a very odd city even run by the Chinese in those days...I went out to Conquitlan in the end to escape the city, there it is nice, apart from when people there go to visit close neighbours they don't tell you it is 3 hours away. Overall I felt there was no close community in that vast country.

Trips through Hells gate to Bannf were fun ish,(which is a whole story on it's own) but I would not want to live there.

Changed a bit since those days, although still a noticeable Chinese presence, and downtown has a lot to offer. Always found Canadians much friendlier than Americans and far less loud / brash.

Back