Likes Likes:  44
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Other Country you would like to live in.

Quote Originally Posted by mattytheshrimper View Post
    Only US locations for me:

Florida
    San Francisco
    Several small towns along the West Coast such Santa Cruz, Monteray etc
    I loved the west coast - beautiful part of the world and decent warm folk as well.

Melbourne or Wellington for me - both great places to watch live music - great boozers and both have wonderful scenery and friendly feel about the place.

France for me. No other country comes close to its food, wine, landscape and disregard for following rules.
    Who's this Rorschach guy and why is he so good at drawing pictures of my Dad beating me?

Has to be Vancouver in Canada for me, love the place plus chance to watch my second favourite sport (ice hockey) on a regular basis

Shimla in India for its views and tranquility.

Quote Originally Posted by kaymac View Post
    Has to be Vancouver in Canada for me, love the place plus chance to watch my second favourite sport (ice hockey) on a regular basis
    I spent 4 months in Vancouver in the 80's. I found it a very odd city even run by the Chinese in those days...I went out to Conquitlan in the end to escape the city, there it is nice, apart from when people there go to visit close neighbours they don't tell you it is 3 hours away. Overall I felt there was no close community in that vast country.

Trips through Hells gate to Bannf were fun ish,(which is a whole story on it's own) but I would not want to live there.
    MAKE A DONATION TOWARDS THE RUNNING COSTS OF SHRIMPERZONE:

www.shrimperzone.com

Manager

Quote Originally Posted by davewebbsbrain View Post
    Where abouts on the island? Paleo is so pretty but I'd have to live in Sidari, its my fave place on this earth
    We go to St George's South normally but have been to north coast a few times too. Corfu Town is fantastic, great atmosphere. Lovely island.

New Zealand or Spain for me.

I turned down a job in NZ, which turned out to be a result as I wouldn't have met my soon to be wife. Spain is a place we've both visited numerous times and love. We get married in Spain in September!
    So join the struggle while you may
    The Revolution is just a T-shirt away

Quote Originally Posted by Cricko View Post
    I spent 4 months in Vancouver in the 80's. I found it a very odd city even run by the Chinese in those days...I went out to Conquitlan in the end to escape the city, there it is nice, apart from when people there go to visit close neighbours they don't tell you it is 3 hours away. Overall I felt there was no close community in that vast country.

Trips through Hells gate to Bannf were fun ish,(which is a whole story on it's own) but I would not want to live there.
    Changed a bit since those days, although still a noticeable Chinese presence, and downtown has a lot to offer. Always found Canadians much friendlier than Americans and far less loud / brash.

Quote Originally Posted by kaymac View Post
    Had a great time there - remember getting the ferry over to Vancouver Island and thinking the view was simply breath taking. Seattle not far either and that's a great city too.