• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Wasnt that Stuart Parker that scored the last minute goal ? I looked at his wiki entry to see if it mentioned it. It doesn't but I think from his listing I think we can say he was a journeyman player...

I think it was Parker.

Didn't Silvester score 4 against Bradford at home once? Or was that Whymark?

Stuart Parker and Peter Silvester two of my favourite players from back in my early days of supporting, and both part of SUEPA!

Only memories I have of him, is when he scored the last minute winner v Cardiff in 4th Rd F.A.Cup 76, which gave us our first visit to Derby in the 5th Rd.
And when he scored all 4 goals in a 4-0 home win over Brighton ( same season? ), but we were still relegated.

Have also remembered going to Walsall in Sept 75, when we won 3-2, & Peter Silvester scored a hat trick for us.

I think it was Parker.

Didn't Silvester score 4 against Bradford at home once? Or was that Whymark?

Just to tidy up......on this and a couple of other “recollections”:-
Stuart Parker scored both goals in the 2-1 FA Cup defeat of Cardiff.
Peter Sylvester did indeed score 3 at Walsall and later 4 at home to Brighton in the 75-6 season, but neither Bradford team was in our division during his stay with us.
Whymark’s grand total of 8 goals were very thinly spread across his 2 seasons here.
I could always understand opposition supporters singing “ why mark Why Mark?”.

Just to tidy up......on this and a couple of other “recollections”:-
Stuart Parker scored both goals in the 2-1 FA Cup defeat of Cardiff.
Peter Sylvester did indeed score 3 at Walsall and later 4 at home to Brighton in the 75-6 season, but neither Bradford team was in our division during his stay with us.
Whymark’s grand total of 8 goals were very thinly spread across his 2 seasons here.
I could always understand opposition supporters singing “ why mark Why Mark?”.

Brighton! That was it! Well, it began with Br and had the same number of letters...

Back