• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hi all the change of forums is planned , well in our minds for the 26th of this month, SBH will update you on progress nearer the time.

It hopefully will be an easy digress, but lets see. We are doing our best for you all to not make it strange but better.

We will however be offline at that time for awhile.

To be honest I was pretty concerned when I first read this news and some of the other fan forums are abysmal. I'm delighted that the test site retains the look and feel of the shrimperzone we know and love. Brilliant stuff.

To be honest I was pretty concerned when I first read this news and some of the other fan forums are abysmal. I'm delighted that the test site retains the look and feel of the shrimperzone we know and love. Brilliant stuff.

We will be better than ever after 6 months of our learning. :smiles:

NO Mr Bomb you are wrong...

...in my experience ALL of the other fan forums are abysmal!

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Hi all the change of forums is planned , well in our minds for the 26th of this month, SBH will update you on progress nearer the time.

It hopefully will be an easy digress, but lets see. We are doing our best for you all to not make it strange but better.

We will however be offline at that time for awhile.

Cricko - In terms of the migration, are you planning to do trial/pilot with a select number of users, where both sites are run concurrently, but feed in to one overall data source (whereby if you post on one it shows on both) so that any bugs/niggles are identified and ironed out before the "Big Bang" on the 26th? I understand that there are probably logistical, technical and financial implication with this but was just curious?

Cricko - In terms of the migration, are you planning to do trial/pilot with a select number of users, where both sites are run concurrently, but feed in to one overall data source (whereby if you post on one it shows on both) so that any bugs/niggles are identified and ironed out before the "Big Bang" on the 26th? I understand that there are probably logistical, technical and financial implication with this but was just curious?

Nope we have already migrated the site once to a test site to see how it looks and works on there. We will be jumping in at the deep end on the 26th. After all I am sure members will spot things we have maybe missed and advise us so.

It is a new site, it won't be the same as The Zone people are used to...Change is a pain for us all, but in the long run it will be worth the few hiccups we will no doubt face.

Hi all.

This is a moumental change for us all, it even frightens me.. We are however working behind the scenes to make it as non obtrusive as possible for you all when we change.

I have taken a few days off from work to try to do our best to make it so. I am dealing with the USA on a lot of this stuff, which you can imagine time and email wise is a pain in the arse. The new site will however change dramatically over the next few months, when we get our heads in gear.

We will get there though, but this new site will be different to what you have been used to, so we will need some slack from moaners once we go live.

People who use the telephone mobile thingy, haha, will love the change though.

Just keeping you up todate :smile:

Hi all.

This is a moumental change for us all, it even frightens me.. We are however working behind the scenes to make it as non obtrusive as possible for you all when we change.

I have taken a few days off from work to try to do our best to make it so. I am dealing with the USA on a lot of this stuff, which you can imagine time and email wise is a pain in the arse. The new site will however change dramatically over the next few months, when we get our heads in gear.

We will get there though, but this new site will be different to what you have been used to, so we will need some slack from moaners once we go live.

People who use the telephone mobile thingy, haha, will love the change though.

Just keeping you up todate :smile:

Appreciate all your hard work on this.
Just hope 'older' gentlemen like myself who aren't the most tech savvy in the world, will be able to cope ! :smile:

Appreciate all your hard work on this.
Just hope 'older' gentlemen like myself who aren't the most tech savvy in the world, will be able to cope ! :smile:

I know the feeling Danny, emails came into me at 4am, three cups of tea, 3 fags and I got my head in gear and I replyed at 5am today...

No worries though for us young chaps :dim:

Back