Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Winter (break) is coming

This cook is an anti-semite Uncle Leo's Avatar

two-week break, which will be introduced in February
    We often end up with longer breaks than that anyway because of frozen pitches!
    Southendkid is strong and tough and (the remainder of this signature has been deleted due to copyright issues)

We're not in the Premiership (yet...) and we're pretty much out of the FA Cup before round 3 so shouldn't affect Southend too much at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Supershrimper View Post
    We're not in the Premiership (yet...) and we're pretty much out of the FA Cup before round 3 so shouldn't affect Southend too much at all.
    "A two-week winter break will be enforced in the Premier League and English Football League as of next season, the Football Association has announced. "

And no doubt the Premiership clubs will take the chance to jet across to Asia in order to play some highly profitable matches during those two weeks thus nullifying the idea........

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Barling Magna View Post
    And no doubt the Premiership clubs will take the chance to jet across to Asia in order to play some highly profitable matches during those two weeks thus nullifying the idea........
    That was my worry but in the article it states that there will be strict rules to prevent that. It must be a 2 week player break.
    See fbm on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=fatblokemarge
    Follow the fbm blog - http://sowhogetscustodyofthenectarpoints.blogspot.com/

Founder member of S.C.R.O.T.U.M. - Sir Chris Rejoins Our Team. Unbelievable Manager!

It's only actually a 1 week break as they are playing 5 games on each of the 2 weekends. No midweek matches though so I guess that does make it more of a break.

Doesn't seem to be worth all of the hassle in my opinion. And this break doesn't extend into the football league, just the PL.
    I bought a Blur alarm clock. I wake up every morning to the sound of Parklife except on Wednesdays when I get rudely awakened by the dustmen.

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Leo View Post
    "A two-week winter break will be enforced in the Premier League and English Football League as of next season, the Football Association has announced. "
    The article has since removed mention of the Football League. I'll move the thread.