• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

MD the best right back in the league, chips in with goals as well as defend and always gives his all, good signing and we still have him under a long term contract:thumbsup:

Hard to choose between Oxley, Demetriou, McLaughlin and Cox. They all put the effort in and have all been instrumental to the good moments of the last couple seasons. If I was being forced to pick one at the moment it would probably be Oxley.

Another vote for Ben Coker,

Great ambassador for the club and for his charity work. Nice fella too ! We are blessed with 2 very good wing backs with Demi on the other side, who is another of my fave players.

Yep, Coker gets my vote also. A great guy both on and off the pitch.

Should we add a poll to this thread?

Yep, Coker gets my vote also. A great guy both on and off the pitch.

Should we add a poll to this thread?

I don't think a poll is necessary, just a discussion about what makes a player your personal favourite.

Dru Yearwood would be my favourite, as I love the way he can pick - and time - a pass, combined with his combative nature so I'm really excited about watching him develop as a player over the next few years. I especially enjoy watching players who grow and improve over their Southend career. He's a young ascendant player who should hopefully develop further so someone I'm particularly excited about watching him next season.

Coker is a solid choice though and I greatly admire his work he does for diabetes.

Dru. Heaps of talent and potential and only 18. Also, gets stuck in and plays with a smile on his face, which always gets my support.

Doubt it's a surprise for many that I'd choose John White. Solid, reliable.... Didn't allow himself to get downhearted when dropped and robbed of the captaincy and has come back stronger in a different role. Exemplary reputation on and off the pitch - a great role model for Dru, Elvis and the other youngsters.

Michael Turner - so easy for him to become one of those ex PL stars who doesn't give a toss, yet he has been the perfect professional whenever he has played. Crafty strong defender with an eye for goal. Just wish he was less injury prone.

Turner for me too. Top class defender and as Tampa says, with an eye for goal we’ve been missing since AB

John White. Seems like such a lovely chap and also a very reliable, hardworking and massively underrated member of the squad... As OBL mentioned, a great role-model to the younger pros too.

Former favourite: Mark Antoine Fortune

Current favourite: Mark Oxley

Future favourite: hopefully the strong and skilful Norman Wabo

Doubt it's a surprise for many that I'd choose John White. Solid, reliable.... Didn't allow himself to get downhearted when dropped and robbed of the captaincy and has come back stronger in a different role. Exemplary reputation on and off the pitch - a great role model for Dru, Elvis and the other youngsters.

And it helps that you think he’s fit! :winking:

Dru Yearwood for me, watching him grow from youth teamer to first name on the team sheet in a year has been a joy to watch. I admire the way he is always looking to go forward whether that’s with a pass or driving forward himself, the way at such a young age at times last season he absolutely bossed in the middle of the park even when up against seasoned professionals.. just needs to add goals and he’ll be one hell of a midfielder! Oh and he is one of our own.

Back