Likes Likes:  31
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Your current favourite player?

Junior Blues Co-ordinator OldBlueLady's Avatar

Doubt it's a surprise for many that I'd choose John White. Solid, reliable.... Didn't allow himself to get downhearted when dropped and robbed of the captaincy and has come back stronger in a different role. Exemplary reputation on and off the pitch - a great role model for Dru, Elvis and the other youngsters.

Quote Originally Posted by Tampa Blue View Post
    Michael Turner - so easy for him to become one of those ex PL stars who doesn't give a toss, yet he has been the perfect professional whenever he has played. Crafty strong defender with an eye for goal. Just wish he was less injury prone.
    Turner for me too. Top class defender and as Tampa says, with an eye for goal we’ve been missing since AB

Blog Entries

Probably Yearwood - his potential excites me and he's one of the yoofs.
    See fbm on Youtube http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=fatblokemarge
    Follow the fbm blog - http://sowhogetscustodyofthenectarpoints.blogspot.com/

Founder member of S.C.R.O.T.U.M. - Sir Chris Rejoins Our Team. Unbelievable Manager!

John White doesn't put a foot wrong IMO - good all round egg.

Quote Originally Posted by fbm View Post
    Probably Yearwood - his potential excites me and he's one of the yoofs.
    Yup that's exactly what I was thinking!

John White. Seems like such a lovely chap and also a very reliable, hardworking and massively underrated member of the squad... As OBL mentioned, a great role-model to the younger pros too.

Former favourite: Mark Antoine Fortune

Current favourite: Mark Oxley

Future favourite: hopefully the strong and skilful Norman Wabo

Quote Originally Posted by OldBlueLady View Post
    Doubt it's a surprise for many that I'd choose John White. Solid, reliable.... Didn't allow himself to get downhearted when dropped and robbed of the captaincy and has come back stronger in a different role. Exemplary reputation on and off the pitch - a great role model for Dru, Elvis and the other youngsters.
    And it helps that you think he’s fit!
    Kennington Shrimpers

Junior Blues Co-ordinator OldBlueLady's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spaceman Spiff View Post
    And it helps that you think he’s fit!
    I think most of our footballers are fit, lol!

Dru Yearwood for me, watching him grow from youth teamer to first name on the team sheet in a year has been a joy to watch. I admire the way he is always looking to go forward whether that’s with a pass or driving forward himself, the way at such a young age at times last season he absolutely bossed in the middle of the park even when up against seasoned professionals.. just needs to add goals and he’ll be one hell of a midfielder! Oh and he is one of our own.
    “It’s Eastwood this time, ohhhh what a GOALLLL... Freddy Eastwood has given Southend United the lead with a goal that any Manchester United player would be proud to score”.

I'm rooting for Dru, Elvis and Norman this season. Very exciting talents
    With chips in his pocket. Just waiting for the chance to get into the game.

McLaughlin and Yearwood for me. Yearwood is someone I really enjoy watching and really excites me as you get the feeling you’re watching a future star. Macca has developed into such a great player for us looks a massive threat every game.

John White for all the same reasons that OBL gave........

Reading through the thread I thought would make my choice easier but it just shows we have a squad full of very capable players, each bring something to the table and am now feeling more excited for next season more than I have all pre-season.

It's probably another vote for Dru from me. I can't wait for his first goal. You could see how much he wanted it last season. Fingercrissed it's at the Hall in front of a decent crowd.