• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I am still personally gutted he wasn't retained for a year but totally understand the reasons behind his departure also. I wish him all the best and reckon he will become a massive fans favourite for them

I am still personally gutted he wasn't retained for a year but totally understand the reasons behind his departure also. I wish him all the best and reckon he will become a massive fans favourite for them

Totally with you there! Wish him the best of luck and glad he won’t have to play against us because that would be sad for me to see him playing against us for another team.

Really thought a lot of Timlin, gave his heart and soul for the team and great with the younger supporters!

Deserves to be in he Shrimperzone hall of fame

Not surprised he’s been signed up already, our loss...

Wish him nothing but the best, would have much preferred him to stay with us but hopefully he'll be back some day.

Good luck Tims. With all those ex-Shrimpers at Stevenage, I might try and get along to one of their games against Col Ewe next season.

Massive error letting him go. He would have been perfect to continue assisting Dru's development.

Only time will tell but without Timlin alongside him , i cannot see us talking about Dru being worth +£1mio this time next year.

Shame , big shame. :cry:

Massive error letting him go. He would have been perfect to continue assisting Dru's development.

Only time will tell but without Timlin alongside him , i cannot see us talking about Dru being worth +£1mio this time next year.

This assumes that we won't have any other players who can help Dru. Or indeed that Dru won't be able to develop without someone holding his hand.

Massive overreaction.

Too early to say that... you don't know who we're getting in! It might be someone even better than Timlin!

Saw a guy at work wearing Stevenage training kit with KL on it. I assumed he was a coach but I've just looked up the staff directory and it looks like he's the kit manager, Kelvin Luxton. We had a short chat where I asked him what he thought of signing Timlin. He said Southend's loss. I couldn't really argue that, it is.

Last edited:
I think we can pretty much all agree on that - top bloke

He turned down a move to the club he supports to stay with us. Those two games against Stevenage in the play offs alone make him a legend in my eyes.

I watched him play almost the full game in Stevenage’s 1-0 defeat at Exeter last night.Much as expected,he was busy and combative(clattered an oppo down in the very first minute)in the middle of midfield but quite frequently misplaced passes,especially the longer ones.When the RB got sent off near the end,he got moved there!
CF and captain for them was Alex Revell—very much as I remembered him—hard-working but non-threatening.
The previous time I’d watched St.Evenage in a non-Southend match,their CF was Dino Maamria—now their manager,and their manager was......Spud Taylor.

Back