• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Turner looked a more than decent defender last term, and we were defensively better when he was there. Decent threat at set pieces too.

Pleased he has signed, lets hope Cox isn't far behind.

Excellent, best CB at the club, you can see he's played at a high level, always feel confident we can keep a clean sheet when he starts, and as others said, goal threat from set pieces.

Class act, first threat from set pieces we have had in ages. V intelligent and makes up for lack of pace with his reading of the game.

Great stuff! Well pleased with this. Seems CP wants to get a good squad together before pre-season, and although early doors I think some credit has to go to RM opening his 'war chest' earlier than usual!

Without being too much of a Debbie downer, We was saying the same about Anton this time last season and look how well that went...

Without being too much of a Debbie downer, We was saying the same about Anton this time last season and look how well that went...
No we didn't, we all said what shocking business to give him 2 years ... At least with Turner it's 1 year with an option.

Look at the **** we are in now with AF having one more year to go!

No we didn't, we all said what shocking business to give him 2 years ... At least with Turner it's 1 year with an option.

Look at the **** we are in now with AF having one more year to go!

To be fair i think he is referring to that Ferdinand had a great season and people were saying it was good to keep him. The one year with option of second seems ideal for Turner.

To be fair i think he is referring to that Ferdinand had a great season and people were saying it was good to keep him. The one year with option of second seems ideal for Turner.

That's exactly what I meant Westy, I'm not against Turner being offered a new contract, He's earned it in my eyes, I was just saying we siad this about AF last season as the previous season he had also played a vital role!

I agree Lenny that the second year was definitely a step too far!

Tremendous news, especially if he could start as fit as a flea and would be very happy to get 35 games out of Mr T, assuming he doesnt cop an unfortunate injury of some kind

Tremendous news, especially if he could start as fit as a flea and would be very happy to get 35 games out of Mr T, assuming he doesnt cop an unfortunate injury of some kind

What was the injury he missed the end of the season with? Has he fully recovered yet?

He's a big player for us when fit (literally, when you consider his height and aerial prowess in both boxes). It makes him a difficult player to replace though as we don't have anyone else remotely as good in the air. His fitness is therefore likely to be one of the keys to next season. Hopefully though he can last the season (and if we make the play-offs isn't too worn down) as he really helped solidify the defence when he was in the side. I thought he was our second best player under Powell after Yearwood.

If we can get a spine of Oxley, Turner, Yearwood and a big centre-forward who can hold the ball up, that'll stand us in good stead for next season.

What was the injury he missed the end of the season with? Has he fully recovered yet?
To be fair to him, he hasn’t missed an unusual number of games given his age since he came into the side after that initial injury last summer. From what I recall the end of season issue was just a slight knock but not worth risking with nothing to play for.

That's exactly what I meant Westy, I'm not against Turner being offered a new contract, He's earned it in my eyes, I was just saying we siad this about AF last season as the previous season he had also played a vital role!

I agree Lenny that the second year was definitely a step too far!

True. Then again we said the same thing about Marc Antoine Fortune and .... oh wait, he had another good season ;-)

Turner was better last season than ferdy the season before who was clearly already lacking mobility. Saying that, anton finished the season well after his pretty awful start on the pitch which possibly reflected his personal traumas.

Turner was better last season than ferdy the season before who was clearly already lacking mobility. Saying that, anton finished the season well after his pretty awful start on the pitch which possibly reflected his personal traumas.

:unsure: He finished it on the injured list after hobbling off against Franchise FC in his first start after a month out injured:unsure:

:unsure: He finished it on the injured list after hobbling off against Franchise FC in his first start after a month out injured:unsure:

Anton was on the bench for 4 games before the MK match, so definitely not injured.

Back