Likes Likes:  10
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Turner signs new deal

Quote Originally Posted by SUFC_Ross View Post
    Without being too much of a Debbie downer, We was saying the same about Anton this time last season and look how well that went...
    I was thinking that but I don't think Turner is the same personality as Ferdinand.
    Very good at this level if he stays fit.

Turner was better last season than ferdy the season before who was clearly already lacking mobility. Saying that, anton finished the season well after his pretty awful start on the pitch which possibly reflected his personal traumas.

Quote Originally Posted by bazzashrimper View Post
    Turner was better last season than ferdy the season before who was clearly already lacking mobility. Saying that, anton finished the season well after his pretty awful start on the pitch which possibly reflected his personal traumas.
    He finished it on the injured list after hobbling off against Franchise FC in his first start after a month out injured
    "probablyDefinitely THE most clueless idiot on here" - according to wiggy

Currently mourning the departure of Franck Moussa.

Appreciating Zaaboub before it becomes fashionable

Blog Entries

anton finished
    Better ...........................

Quote Originally Posted by Yorkshire Blue View Post
    He finished it on the injured list after hobbling off against Franchise FC in his first start after a month out injured
    Anton was on the bench for 4 games before the MK match, so definitely not injured.

Quote Originally Posted by rigsby View Post
    Anton was on the bench for 4 games before the MK match, so definitely not injured.
    Oops, you are right he was dropped rather than injured. Either way it's a stretch to say he finished the season strongly.
    "probablyDefinitely THE most clueless idiot on here" - according to wiggy

Currently mourning the departure of Franck Moussa.

Appreciating Zaaboub before it becomes fashionable

Oops, you are right he was dropped rather than injured. Either way it's a stretch to say he finished the season strongly.
    He did play well for CP from the moment he came on at Posh. He was dropped after a mystery "illness" at Blackpool.
    He was already signed for another year, so CP may well have wanted to look at other players once we were safe for those last 6/7 games.

When he played under CP he played well IMO.

When he played under CP he played well IMO.
    I agree - Anton started the season awful (I believe there were reasons for this) but did start to improve again - I think it actually started to happen before CP arrived.

I do laugh at continuous comments on how "his legs have gone" - they were no different to the season before; his ability was reading the game and being one step ahead, don't recall ever seeing him out pace anyone!!

In terms of Turner, thought he did really well and the advantage he has over Anton, IMO, is he gives as an attacking option at set-pieces