• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Lopetegui

MK Shrimper

Striker
Spain have sacked their manager BEFORE they've kicked a ball in anger! A petulant fit for accepting the Real Madrid job :hilarious:

it does seem a bit like cutting off your nose to spite your face. Unbeaten record and well respected by the squad, can't see any mention in press releases of a replacement, just that the coaching staff are more than capable. Sounds a bit like a rudderless ship. Not sure it will have a massive detrimental effect but certainly cant have a positive effect

If Spain do poorly in the world cup now then Real Madrid have scored a massive PR own goal, they'll be getting all the blame for this.

If Spain do poorly in the world cup now then Real Madrid have scored a massive PR own goal, they'll be getting all the blame for this.
Intriguingly there are just as many criticising the Spanish FA as there are criticising Real Madrid.

About 70% + of the Spanish public are in favour according to the Spanish news.
Ah really? I’m in a little Real Madrid supporters bubble at the moment at work which doesn’t help. They’re furious.

Ah really? I’m in a little Real Madrid supporters bubble at the moment at work which doesn’t help. They’re furious.

Yeah.It was a figure quoted on a TV news channel (behind me with the sound turned down) at our favourite local restaurant,which my wife kindly reported to me.Not often she gets interested in the beautiful game.Certainly the locals-presumably Barça supporters-thought it was the right decision.:smile:

Allegedly telling the FA he had taken the Madrid job only 5 minutes before it was announced, if true, was not the best way to handle the situation. Surely they have could kept it stum until after the WC?

Fernando Hierro will take charge, chance to make a name for yourself or what!

Allegedly telling the FA he had taken the Madrid job only 5 minutes before it was announced, if true, was not the best way to handle the situation. Surely they have could kept it stum until after the WC?

This was certainly what the newly elected President of the Spanish FA was saying to the media here this evening.Real Madrid and class clearly don't belong in the same sentence.

Fernando Hierro will take charge, chance to make a name for yourself or what!

I don't see why not.He's only had one season in management (with Oviedo last year in the Spanish second division).He's certainly had long enough at the top as a player though and is a much more relaxed character than Lopetegui,who's only had a year in top club management himself (with Porto).I'd expect his time with RM to end in tears,probably at the end of next season,if not before.

Supposedly Real Madrid told their players about it and a non-RM player in the Spain squad overheard them talking about it and wasn’t best pleased so Lopetegui requested that it was announced before it was leaked to the press.

He’d banned any players from holding any transfer or contract renewal talks and then spent the last few days negotiating his own move so some took exception.

Supposedly Real Madrid told their players about it and a non-RM player in the Spain squad overheard them talking about it and wasn’t best pleased so Lopetegui requested that it was announced before it was leaked to the press.

He’d banned any players from holding any transfer or contract renewal talks and then spent the last few days negotiating his own move so some took exception.

Hadn't heard that but it sounds entirely plausible.

Back