Likes Likes:  21
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: World Cup Matches Thread

Hector Of The House Benfleet A1's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Tangled up in Blue View Post
    I suspect Colombia with 11 men on the pitch for 90 minutes would be a more difficult propostion.In any case we'd probably have to top our group to play either team or Senegal.
    I suspect you would rather support anyone other than England so I doubt anyone cares a jot about what you suspect. You made that quite clear this morning.
    Lord, in your mercy please give my friend a stroke

Quote Originally Posted by Ricky Otto View Post
    Yep that's the one, easy game was it?
    Was far from difficult, or do you pin that late equaliser as being unmerited on the day?

Comedy goal of the day for Senegal!

Quote Originally Posted by kaymac View Post
    Was far from difficult, or do you pin that late equaliser as being unmerited on the day?
    No it was a deserved equaliser. Still struggling to see how you can call it an easy game though
    Ricky Otto's No.1 Fan

Egypt probably out already. I doubt Sergio Ramos will be welcome in Cairo somehow.

Certified Senior Citizen Tangled up in Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Benfleet A1 View Post
    I suspect you would rather support anyone other than England so I doubt anyone cares a jot about what you suspect. You made that quite clear this morning.
    The fact is that Group H is wide open and it's practically impossible to predict who will qualify from it and in what position atm, though Colombia,in particular,don't seem to have done themselves any favours.

You're quite wrong about what you "suspect", btw.
    "The British government is free to make a decision about its participation in the World Cup," he said.

But nobody has the right to insult the Russian people - who defeated Nazism and lost more than 25 million people - by comparing our country to Nazi Germany.

That goes beyond common sense."

Alexander Yakovencko.Russian Ambassador to the UK:

Certified Senior Citizen Tangled up in Blue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MK Shrimper View Post
    Egypt probably out already. I doubt Sergio Ramos will be welcome in Cairo somehow.
    Ha! I doubt if he's the type to be very interested in visiting Pyramids,anyway.
    "The British government is free to make a decision about its participation in the World Cup," he said.

But nobody has the right to insult the Russian people - who defeated Nazism and lost more than 25 million people - by comparing our country to Nazi Germany.

That goes beyond common sense."

Alexander Yakovencko.Russian Ambassador to the UK:

Morocco out. The World Cup won't be heading to Africa anytime soon despite what Pele said, and that was by 2000.

Spain are very lucky and I feel for Iran they played really well and deserved at least a point out of that.