• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

World Cup Matches Thread

Belgium also showed us, how not to always pass,pass.pass and hope something happens,but to often move from defence to attack quick.Yes they have better players (maybe),but we are still imo.often far to slow.Keep the ball,yes,pass the ball yes,but sometimes go foreward with speed...and shoot a "tad" more often when you see the whites the their keepers eyes:winking:

Butanyway,something close to my heart..Germany getting beat..
If you think British fans are fickle,then come here..world champs,won the confed cup...and the screaming and moaning going on here now..well its sad:smile:
Sadly i expect the Germans to have their normal amount of good luck and go through,but if anybody can get a result,maybe those Sweds can.....come on Sweden...

Looking good for Sweden at the moment. It will be a catastrophe for this tournament if the Germans were eliminated wouldn't it?:nope:

Butanyway,something close to my heart..Germany getting beat..
If you think British fans are fickle,then come here..world champs,won the confed cup...and the screaming and moaning going on here now..well its sad:smile:
Sadly i expect the Germans to have their normal amount of good luck and go through,but if anybody can get a result,maybe those Sweds can.....come on Sweden...

half time and going to plan . Come on Sweden

Looking good for Sweden at the moment. It will be a catastrophe for this tournament if the Germans were eliminated wouldn't it?:nope:

Catastrophe no, but I got to say that Belguim are looking a bit tastey. I'm personally getting that Mexico feeling at the moment but think Portugal might spoil it for me.

Amazing...luck/ref/fifa..help the Germans again.
At h/t ,on German tv,they all said "it was a100%penalty for Sweden and last man ,red card"...but nothing happens again against those lovely Germans.At half time.i stopped watching and just walked about knowing their luck/help they will do it.
So far on Boxhead tv,they have said
1-it was not a pen against England(Tunisia)...given
2-England MUST have got 2 pens,same game...both not given
3-pen against the Germans and red card ...both not given
Maybe our luck will change,for the better...and Germans for the worst.....but dont hold your breath:thumbdown:

Amazing...luck/ref/fifa..help the Germans again.
At h/t ,on German tv,they all said "it was a100%penalty for Sweden and last man ,red card"...but nothing happens again against those lovely Germans.At half time.i stopped watching and just walked about knowing their luck/help they will do it.
So far on Boxhead tv,they have said
1-it was not a pen against England(Tunisia)...given
2-England MUST have got 2 pens,same game...both not given
3-pen against the Germans and red card ...both not given
Maybe our luck will change,for the better...and Germans for the worst.....but dont hold your breath:thumbdown:

The Germans had a man sent off in the second half, the ref clearly wasn't trying to help them out, if Sweden had been given the penalty they probably wouldn't have scored their actual goal since they seemed to park the bus when they went ahead.

The main reason the Germans won is because Sweden made one of the worst substitutions in world cup history, all the bloke did when he came on was be frequently caught out of position, and then he gave away the free kick for the goal even though the German player had lost control of the ball so there was no reason to try and tackle.

The Germans had a man sent off in the second half, the ref clearly wasn't trying to help them out, if Sweden had been given the penalty they probably wouldn't have scored their actual goal since they seemed to park the bus when they went ahead.

The main reason the Germans won is because Sweden made one of the worst substitutions in world cup history, all the bloke did when he came on was be frequently caught out of position, and then he gave away the free kick for the goal even though the German player had lost control of the ball so there was no reason to try and tackle.

Yeah that sub was awful!

ps that free kick was sublime though.

The headlines in one German paper today writes..now EVERYONE is scared off us:angry:
Saturday afternoon,everyone here hated each other...now they are the greatest again....how quick things change:angry:

An absolutely ludicrous VAR penalty decision between Portugal and Iran see Spain top their group on goals scored and swerve a last 16 game against Uruguay and play the hosts.

Bit sad that second half.

I stuck it on as there was a bit of interest and I quite like the Iranian fans and what they've brought to The World Cup, but that was everything that's wrong with football. Not just the farcical refereeing and the VAR nonsense, but the two teams killing the momentum of the game, looking for free-kicks and worse.

Could have been a great end to end spectacle, but was just a disjointed mess, in truth.

Spain got lucky but for how much longer? Though they should certainly be good enough to beat Russia (who got 5 against Saudi Arabia,the worst side in the tournament remember).:smile:

I agree tuib.

I think Spain are pushing their luck so far in this World Cup. Also as are Portugal.....Both of which will be like like Germany, and pull a goal at the bag at the last minute to keep the dream alive.

Spain V Russia, seems simple on paper, but the russkie's being a home nation and all, i'm not sure. & Portugal V Uruguay, it could easily go either way.

On another day with another soppy referee, Portugal could well have been down to 9 men, and finished 3rd in the group.

That being said, I can see them both reaching at least the quarter finals.

I agree tuib.

I think Spain are pushing their luck so far in this World Cup. Also as are Portugal.....Both of which will be like like Germany, and pull a goal at the bag at the last minute to keep the dream alive.

Spain V Russia, seems simple on paper, but the russkie's being a home nation and all, i'm not sure. & Portugal V Uruguay, it could easily go either way.

On another day with another soppy referee, Portugal could well have been down to 9 men, and finished 3rd in the group.

That being said, I can see them both reaching at least the quarter finals.

I think Uruguay will beat Portugal, Uruguay are basically the Atletico Madrid of international football, incredibly hard to break down and are good enough to get a goal on the break and then sit on their lead. I don't think Portugal are good enough going forward to get past them.

Back