• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Still not convinced that Ted will ever command the No1 jersey, Oxley is by far our best GK; and over time I’d expect one of our other young keepers (Bexton, Bishop or Seadon) will jump the queue as our future shot stopper.

Hope I’m proved wrong, as TS has had a hard couple of years with injury. Needs a loan out as opportunities are going to be a rarity.

Interested to know if any SZ members have seen either Bexton, Bishop or Seadon* play, or how they stack as prospects?

* Irrelevant fact; my nephew was in the same class as Harry Seadon at senior school

Seems people with links to the club hold him in high regard.

Terry Mason
‏ @TMGoalkeeping

Congratulations Ted Smith on the new contract. One of the most Humble, Focused and Talented Players I’ve ever worked with.

Interested to know if any SZ members have seen either Bexton, Bishop or Seadon play, or how they stack as prospects?

Seen Bexton and Bishop play, Bexton many times for the youth team - looks a good prospect in my opinion. Spent time out on loan in Austria or Switzerland (can't remember which) last year and that will also have done him good.

Interested to know if any SZ members have seen either Bexton, Bishop or Seadon* play, or how they stack as prospects?
IIRC Josh Bexon played in the Gt Wakering friendly 2 years ago. I thought he looked decent. Only saw Bishop play in the Essex Senior Cup defeat to Billericay last season where he was dreadful, but so were the rest of the squad, so I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

Ted has had two serious injuries and an operation. So having time with a goal keeping coach and training and supporting Oxley including doing the full warm up and being on the bench on match days will be much better than going to play for the likes if Macclesfield.

He can be assessed playing in the under 23s or hopfully against his old stable mate Dan Bentley v Brentford.

I'd expect him to go on loan to a non-league side, probably a part-time one. That way he could still train with us and get match day experience.

I'd expect him to go on loan to a non-league side, probably a part-time one. That way he could still train with us and get match day experience.

Ted has already played in L1, so what would dropping at least 3 levels prove to anyone. They would still train 3 nights a week so who would he train with on those days us....or them.

Back