• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Jermaine McGlashan

He should be effective at League 2 level, he'll probably only make 1 good ball out of 4 but he should be able to get past most defenders with ease at that level.

That signing baffles me. Mcglashan was a bit part player under Brown during the time he was with us....yet Brown hands him a 2 year contract!
Once again Brown shows no imagination when recruiting new players and if I was a Swindon fan I would be worried about who else will follow Jermaine through the door.
The player himself will find moving to Swindon difficult....what with having a young family based in Maidstone.

I find it strange how we often heard about players who here who 'weren't wanting to play for PB' and now there's criticism that he 'only' signs players he's worked with before. It can't be both.

Anyway, good luck to Glash. A decent player who should do OK in L2.

A really nice bloke, wish him well, he obviously didn't have any problems with Brown.

McGlashan will I'm sure be a highly effective player at L2 level. His pace will leave many defenders in his wake. Hopefully his standard of crosses will improve. He was a useful impact sub for us and I wish him well.

I liked Glash, he was a trier but he's found his level in League 2. Wish him well

Good move for him here, think he will do well in league two if they play him:thumbsup:

That signing baffles me. Mcglashan was a bit part player under Brown during the time he was with us....yet Brown hands him a 2 year contract!
Once again Brown shows no imagination when recruiting new players and if I was a Swindon fan I would be worried about who else will follow Jermaine through the door.
The player himself will find moving to Swindon difficult....what with it being a crap place to live and having a young family based in Maidstone.

Added the bit you missed...

Glash will do well in L2, could still have done a job for us coming off the bench late in games to cause problems for the opposition. Good luck to him.

Some players develop late and something clicks and their game comes together. At 30, it's too late, his ship has sailed. He occasionally shows a glimpse of the reason he has cobbled together a professional career but even lg2 has many players that are more standout than him. He could have had more game time playing in higher non league matches and probably have been more appreciated. Good luck to him but I don't expect him to be a regular starter or to suddenly make me regret his departure.

Blimey Danny, were you wearing blinkers when you went to Swindon? It's not a bad place to live at all and is surrounded by beautiful countryside. You must be thinking of Swinton....

Ah but Swindon itself is a ********, even if it is on the doorstep of the Cotswolds!

Although he has his limitations I think we under-utilised McGlashan a bit. His pace scares the hell out of defenders and when we were chasing a game and they had tired legs, there are umpteen occasions where I'd have stuck him on straight down the middle, rather than out wide. Wish him every success at Swindon but like others I don't understand PBs recruitment policy.

Let us down yesterday by losing at Col Ewe.

Luke Prosser played for them and help keep a clean sheet as they beat Phil Brown’s Swindon 1-0.

Franck Nouble also started for the sheep botherers.

Has been loaned out to Wrexham for the rest of the season as he does not fit into Richie Wellens style of play.

Back