• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Another good addition to the squad, hopefully they can hit the ground running and we can gather some early moMantom. :tumbleweed:

Still haven't managed to see him play yet but Mrs T told me good things! Just need another CM or two, another winger and another striker or 2 depending on Cox!

We got enough at the back and keeper. Only need two more midfielders and one or two forward (ideally busting with paces like of Vassal (Blackpool) & Taylor (Wimbledon), then we done our business!

Very impressed with this signing. He showed in the short time we had him enough for me to very optimistic for this season. He did the simple stuff very well and will compliment dru. He wasn't fully fit either.
i am impressed with SCP and his making signings early doors. Roll on this season

Great signing, looking forward to the season even more now, as for a “free” or a “fee” let’s not make a Mantom out of a molehill.

Lennon to replace Matzuzaka and to cover the loss of Kiernan if he does'nt make it back, Mantom for Timlin/Wright, Barrett for McGlashen and Hopper for MAF. Need ano 3 or 4. Skilled playmaker is a must, as is a striker who bullies defences.

Really pleased he's come back. Up at Blackburn he sat between the midfield and defence and everything came and went through him. Offered security and you can never have too much of that!

Mantom seals permanent switch to Blues

SAM Mantom has returned to Southend United on a permanent basis.

More...

as pleased to have him back .Now the strangest thing is we say we signed Mantom on a undisclosed fee. Looking on their site its states Mantom has joined Southend united on a free transfer. Oppps who is telling it wrong? Either way we have got a quality player.

Oh Tommy - I wish you would learn how to use that mobile phone.

Anyway, I am going to swim against the tide and say that I'm not 100% sold on this lad. I'll keep an open mind and get behind him when in the team but I wonder about his injury record and whether Manto is an improvement on a player like Tims. Manto is a lot younger of course.

The best thing would be if we could get 3 points at Scunny - that would be a great achievement!

Oh Tommy - I wish you would learn how to use that mobile phone.

Anyway, I am going to swim against the tide and say that I'm not 100% sold on this lad. I'll keep an open mind and get behind him when in the team but I wonder about his injury record and whether Manto is an improvement on a player like Tims. Manto is a lot younger of course.

The best thing would be if we could get 3 points at Scunny - that would be a great achievement!
Oh Ratty, (in July 2018) you certainly called this "player" correctly!

Last edited:
One of the most toothless midfielders in the game and we were all blinded by him going full pelt when he first came here.......nearly as ineffective as poser Hyam....what a mess!

......incidentally, if selected this week, Hyam will be sporting one sock down, one over his knee, one short leg down, one up, and one shirt sleeve rolled up, one down.........he thinks he's good enough to do all these gimmicks, bit like Broughton in the early days of white boots!

Back