• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Breaking News New Stadium - First Stand Now Built

Fed up with waiting for Uncle Ron to dig the first sod, we've had a go ourselves and built a stand behind one of our goals on our small footie pitch at home in Suffolk - see pic.

To give it that Roots Hall feel I went for stanchions rather than cantalever, and for now its all standing so I assume we won't yet be allowed in the Premiership, though when Roots gets bulldozed I might get a few seats.

It took four days to build and paint on my own so a new stadium with a few hundred workers should be a breeze.

Come on Ron, get digging. If you want some tips just pm me.

UTB

you have a pitch at home.... jammy ****

Thought I had to do something. With Sainsbury's getting nothing in return for all their cash to date bar empty promises from Ron I can envisage us getting kicked out in favour of busicuits ailse so at least we now have a fall back.

Capacity under cover only 60 I reckon, so need to do a bit more yet (wifey doesn't know, so shhh).

Its about 1/3rd normal size. A few bumps, but a better surface than Col Ewe's.

Thought I had to do something. With Sainsbury's getting nothing in return for all their cash to date bar empty promises from Ron I can envisage us getting kicked out in favour of busicuits ailse so at least we now have a fall back.

Capacity under cover only 60 I reckon, so need to do a bit more yet (wifey doesn't know, so shhh).

Its about 1/3rd normal size. A few bumps, but a better surface than Col Ewe's.

Well I say we have a little match up at your gaff send the Mrs and the kids away invite the lads round BBQ, beers, Columbian stick on some Michael Buble and we are game on!

Better not invite Alan McCormack round for shooting practice otherwise you will be spending all day retrieving the balls from the adjacent farmers field

I've given your stand a more authentic SUFC feel.

DSCF0686.jpg

I'm really impressed that they got Flahavan (kneeling - bottom right) to come along and open the stand!

Dear All,

Thanks for your comments. To answer a few questions:

- season tickets are free, we have found it impossible to effectively fence off and steward the surrounding fields.
- record attendance to date is four rabbits and a badger.
- we do not tolerate swearing about Mr Gower or anyone, it affects local crop yields.
- Mr Flahaven did open it but is not in the picture, he is lost in the long grass at the back.
- the other stands will be built, need to do it gradual though to ensure Mrs SS does not notice, but will still be quicker than Ron.

UTB

Back