• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Do you want Ron Martin at Southend United Football Club

• Yes want him at our club

Votes: 49 27.1%
  • No I do not want him at our club

Votes: 132 72.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A comment posted by Robbie Cowling the Col Ewe chairman --- shame Martin doesn't think the same way.

"It was reported on the news that only 16% of the public trust what Nick Clegg tells them and, if I ever get to a stage where only 16% of Colchester United fans trust what I say, then I promise Bob Russell that I will actively seek to sell the club."

....unless Im millions in debt after blundering into a football stadium project I cant afford to complete and get stuck there.

A comment posted by Robbie Cowling the Col Ewe chairman --- shame Martin doesn't think the same way.

"It was reported on the news that only 16% of the public trust what Nick Clegg tells them and, if I ever get to a stage where only 16% of Colchester United fans trust what I say, then I promise Bob Russell that I will actively seek to sell the club."

Nice touch to be fair. I have no knowledge of what he is like as a chairman but do you think the ColU fans believe him?

Basis that poll, at present, 18% of people are either deluded or are Ron Martin!

Property developer who doesn't develop any property. Here to get our ground that was given by the people of Southend bought and paid for, to diguise it's asset in a myriad of companies and seperate the land from the football team.
No thanks !

I am intrigued that nearly 20% of the votes want him to stay - especially as the poll was ruling out having to vote 'yes' simply because there is no one else to take the club over.

I don't like this poll. And I dont want it sent to the club. Most of these polls that are held on SZ are so ridiculous and this one tops them. Ron has worked his socks off over many years and had many a sleepless night in his heroic attempt to keep this club afloat. Do I want Rons commitment to SUFC YES ! Do I want a man who will fight tooth and nail to keep us going forward and fighting for promotion Yes ! Thats what Rons been doing for many years.
TrueBlue wants a simple yes or no . Then simply yes.
You could however have a poll that says . Would you want Ron Martin and be fighting for promotion in league 2 or get rid of Ron and be in Non league. A simple yes or no TB.

Think you need to seperate the on the pitch success on this one.

You can say Ron should be here because we are fighting for promotion, yet it was his doing that we ended up in League Two.

Ron has one objective - and that is to make his fortune and retire, and I don't blame him for that, as it is what we would all aspire to acheive.

However, he is not a football fan, he is a property developer.

I have no issue with that at all and sincerely hope that FF is the way to acheive this.

The manner in which he has run the club so far and alienated so many on the way is what I personally object to.

You could however have a poll that says . Would you want Ron Martin and be fighting for promotion in league 2 or get rid of Ron and be in Non league. A simple yes or no TB.

On what evidence would we be a non league side? We never have been before in the past and if Ron would of gone when he could not afford to run the club then he would of left a side that was in the top half of league one.

He is now using a wage budget he or the club cannot afford to gamble on promotion using borrowed money which was originally set aside for the new ground.

I do believe he genuinely did have the clubs interest at heart when things were going well but since the property and financial market have collapsed he has been hit hard (all his companies). He is now working so hard to juggle his debts in the hope of his windfall (the stadium) can be built and he can recoup some of the money he has lost.

If he really wanted the best for the club then he would of gone long ago or even accepted financial help at a cost of losing a big cut of his windfall but his ego wouldn't have him giving up a fair share of the pie.

I don't like this poll. And I dont want it sent to the club. Most of these polls that are held on SZ are so ridiculous and this one tops them. Ron has worked his socks off over many years and had many a sleepless night in his heroic attempt to keep this club afloat. Do I want Rons commitment to SUFC YES ! Do I want a man who will fight tooth and nail to keep us going forward and fighting for promotion Yes ! Thats what Rons been doing for many years.

Or you could answer the ******* poll and stop being so ****ing gay about it.

Are you Mrs Ron Martin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back