• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

We are very poor at the moment and have been for a while. Fans generally blame the manager, and the manager blames the players. He also blames the agents because he can't attract the players he wants. I personally believe that too many of our players we have aren't up to this level, but that's not their fault. Brown brings players in and then says they're not good enough! I do however think that a different manager, with better motivational skills, better man management skills and some actual grasp on tactics would get far more out of this group of players.

We are bookies favourites to get relegated.

We should not get relegated. If Brown fails to find some form with us this season our chairman will turn to someone else - and his track record isn't half bad when it comes to appointing managers. There's enough in this squad for the new man to keep us up - my only concern is too much quantity and not enough quality at centre half - hopefully Inniss can offer something there. The chairman will be mindful of managers with solid CVs at this level and who are out of work, such as Kenny Jackett.

I feel for Ted Smith,we are poor, Brown goes on about quality players we dont have players of the kind, for Clark to call our forward a coward just about sums up the team that Brown has brought in, total shambles, Brown screwed up last year after Swindon defeat, Prosser walked, Bolger went, Worral did not want to play for Brown anymore, the amount of back room staff Brown brought in is rediculus for a league one team, he wanted to sign an international striker, total rubbish the last best striker we signed came from Grays Feddie Eastwood, Brown will send us back to league two, Ron Martin wake up before its to late. I could go on ans on !!!!!

We hit balls to Mooney in the air and their CB had him in his pocket all day long.!

This is what so frustrates me. We do this game after game, why???. There just seems to be no tactical plan week after week.
As someone said after the Fleetwood game, they had 2 massive centre backs, yet we still kept pumping it high to Mooney & Cox.
Surely the other players can comprehend this ploy is fruitless, yet they continued to do it???. And if Brown is unable to come up with plan B, during games like this, then I seriously worry about our survival chances this season.

Worrall did not want to play for Brown anymore
Wrong. Rat boy was sobbing his heart out to anyone who would listen at the sponsors' do about how he hadn't been offered a new contract and would stay if he had. I have a strong suspicion that he might have had something to do with leaking the news about Kavanagh going to Millwall earlier than what was intended too.

This is what so frustrates me. We do this game after game, why???. There just seems to be no tactical plan week after week.
As someone said after the Fleetwood game, they had 2 massive centre backs, yet we still kept pumping it high to Mooney & Cox.
Surely the other players can comprehend this ploy is fruitless, yet they continued to do it???. And if Brown is unable to come up with plan B, during games like this, then I seriously worry about our survival chances this season.

If we can all see it...

Wrong. Rat boy was sobbing his heart out to anyone who would listen at the sponsors' do about how he hadn't been offered a new contract and would stay if he had. I have a strong suspicion that he might have had something to do with leaking the news about Kavanagh going to Millwall earlier than what was intended too.

You really don't like him do you.

Try putting your claws away.

We miss him dreadfully and his contract should have been sorted with Payne's.

Where do you stand on the current fiasco with Lenny?

Rat boy? What's that name in aid of?

Not wrong at all. Worrall was offered a new contract criminally late, but he WAS offered one, and if he wanted to stay as much as stories of him "sobbing" about not being offered one suggest then he'd have swallowed his pride and signed it. His poor relationship with Brown and Brown's relatively poor treatment of him especially in the second half of the season played a huge role in his ultimate decision to see his contract out and walk.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got the impression the club handled Worrall's situation regarding his son extremely sensitively at the time, including PB himself.

On the playing side, there were issues between the two, it appeared.

You really don't like him do you.

Try putting your claws away.

We miss him dreadfully and his contract should have been sorted with Payne's.

Where do you stand on the current fiasco with Lenny?

No, you're wrong, he was one of my favourite players but his behaviour at the end of the season, particularly being the only player not to turn up for the Trust end of season awards and his behaviour at that sponsors' do really annoyed me. I don't appreciate being taken for a fool.

I don't know why he wasn't offered a contract earlier, maybe his off the field behaviour was a factor in that.

As for Leonard, I've said elsewhere, he's being asked to do too much on the pitch....constantly dropping into whichever defensive position has been vacated by someone getting caught up the pitch, as well as trying to pick passes and the occasional foray forward. He is vital to our side, our best asset. His contract needs sorting asap.

Rat boy? What's that name in aid of?

It was his nickname amongst the players.

Not wrong at all. Worrall was offered a new contract criminally late, but he WAS offered one, and if he wanted to stay as much as stories of him "sobbing" about not being offered one suggest then he'd have swallowed his pride and signed it. His poor relationship with Brown and Brown's relatively poor treatment of him especially in the second half of the season played a huge role in his ultimate decision to see his contract out and walk.

It was wrong though. Maybe he wasn't actually "sobbing", but he was very despondent and had tears in his eyes. I saw and heard him with my own eyes and ears. Not hearsay, not from Tilly's golf partner's milkman's neighbour' sister.

We know there had been issues with his behaviour but he was cut quite a lot of slack because of the personal tragedy concerning his baby. Pure speculation, but maybe he was given a set of conditions that he was asked to meet regarding his reliability, and maybe he didn't and that was why he wasn't offered a new contract early.

I was gutted he went but there was undoubtedly a side to him that Brown found difficult to deal with.

Last edited:
Ok OBL, didnt know that was his nickname. I do think when such a horrendous thing happens in your private life it doesn't just go away after a few months. It can affect you for a long time, probably forever. It also makes you do things differently in your day to day life. Whatever happened between him and the club, it isn't just plain black and white and therefore, we as fans, shouldn't take sides either way. We aren't in charge of the true facts from either side. The only facts we do know, is he moved to a club with a better chance for promotion, plays for a manager who plays a simple attacking 4-4-2, which suits him. More importantly, sometimes a fresh start after such a horrible time in your home life is all you need.

Back