• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Sarah Champion

This "resignation" says everything you need to know about the Labour Party. It was always coming though. Knocking the core vote was never going to go down well.

Champion has now distanced herself from the article and has resigned from her shadow cabinet role. Political suicide indeed.

Says the man who has spent all day pointing the finger at Trump for not tackling racism.

what is the everything that you need to know?

He means the Labour party under Corbyn and its loudest supporters are deep down all spineless. You know the ones who trawl social media pointing the finger at others whilst claiming to be champion for equal rights. Yet when some of the most vulnerable children in our society are racially targeted by muslims and raped.....They are completely silent or worse still start making excuses for them.

Its that culture of fear which is rife through out the left wing Nazi dominated public services which has created fear amongst MP's, the police, social services and even doctors which has allowed the national scandal.......1400 victims in Rotherham alone and the local MP has been silenced.

Maybe you should listen to the interview with one of the victims. Her abusers had great fun in telling her they would play the race card because they knew it meant get out of jail free.......And that *** is all down to the screaming left....Fact.

He means the Labour party under Corbyn and its loudest supporters are deep down all spineless. You know the ones who trawl social media pointing the finger at others whilst claiming to be champion for equal rights. Yet when some of the most vulnerable children in our society are racially targeted by muslims and raped.....They are completely silent or worse still start making excuses for them.

Its that culture of fear which is rife through out the left wing Nazi dominated public services which has created fear amongst MP's, the police, social services and even doctors which has allowed the national scandal.......1400 victims in Rotherham alone and the local MP has been silenced.

Maybe you should listen to the interview with one of the victims. Her abusers had great fun in telling her they would play the race card because they knew it meant get out of jail free.......And that *** is all down to the screaming left....Fact.
I was asking Gremlin what he meant, not asking any random troll what they thought he meant.

Now you are here though - you were a Labour voter, when did you last vote Labour and what was it that won your vote?

Just to prove what a contrary so-and-so I am, this situation would not necessarily put me off voting Labour. I think Labour is guilty of huge hypocrisy on race - Sarah Champion has to resign whilst Diane "Black people shouldn't have to be treated by blue-eyed blonde-haired nurses" Abbott gets a senior role - but I'm not convinced the Conservatives have the backbone to take a 'racism is bad by everyone regardless of their colour' line with any consistency either. If there is any good news in this situation, it is that many of these cases of sexual abuse by gangs of men who just happen to be of largely Pakistani heritage against girls who just happen to be mainly White, are now coming to court and we can only hope that the days of the authorities turning a blind eye for fear of being accused of racism are coming to an end.

Just to prove what a contrary so-and-so I am, this situation would not necessarily put me off voting Labour. I think Labour is guilty of huge hypocrisy on race - Sarah Champion has to resign whilst Diane "Black people shouldn't have to be treated by blue-eyed blonde-haired nurses" Abbott gets a senior role - but I'm not convinced the Conservatives have the backbone to take a 'racism is bad by everyone regardless of their colour' line with any consistency either. If there is any good news in this situation, it is that many of these cases of sexual abuse by gangs of men who just happen to be of largely Pakistani heritage against girls who just happen to be mainly White, are now coming to court and we can only hope that the days of the authorities turning a blind eye for fear of being accused of racism are coming to an end.

Why have you capitalised "white" here? :winking:

From the lefts point of view I can understand that there is a difficulty in addressing these issues, my thoughts are that they simply don't know how.

If your shadow secretary for equalities has to resign because she has chosen her words 'poorly', you have to question how suitable she was for the role in the first place, and why she was chosen.

Labour should have learnt lessons particularly after the way Ann Cryer was treated when she tried to raise concerns around abuse as early as 2004.

From yesterdays BBC news;

Mr Corbyn said he accepted Ms Champion's resignation, saying his party would not "blame any particular group or demonise any particular group [and] the issue is one of safety of individuals."

Until Labour are able to come to terms with the simple fact a minority from one community have abused a minority from another ie Males predominantly whose origins are from the Kashmir region region of Pakistan responsible for the abuse (s) that were against mainly white lower class girls, then services in Labour run councils may not function as they ought to in terms of safeguarding and protection.

I don't think we should be resting on laurels and hoping turning a blind eye is over - there should be investigations to determine who had information on these attacks that they sat on, only by prosecuting these people will we see changes in people's actions. Turning a blind eye can't be seen as the easy option - that should be seen as the dangerous option as if you are neglecting your duty you should fear you will end up in court.

except it hasn't, so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I didn't really think what Sarah Champion said was much of an issue but she got completely played by The Sun. I think people do need to be careful with their words when it comes to this - tackling the issue of pakistani grooming gangs is crucial, and discussing the issues that lead to why they occur is common sense, but framing this is exclusively as a 'muslim problem' or whatever leads to violence, persecution and also to a marginalised fringe community where these kinds of things can fester and result in the staggering scale of abuse that has happened.

From the lefts point of view I can understand that there is a difficulty in addressing these issues, my thoughts are that they simply don't know how.

If your shadow secretary for equalities has to resign because she has chosen her words 'poorly', you have to question how suitable she was for the role in the first place, and why she was chosen.

Labour should have learnt lessons particularly after the way Ann Cryer was treated when she tried to raise concerns around abuse as early as 2004.

From yesterdays BBC news;

Mr Corbyn said he accepted Ms Champion's resignation, saying his party would not "blame any particular group or demonise any particular group [and] the issue is one of safety of individuals."

Until Labour are able to come to terms with the simple fact a minority from one community have abused a minority from another ie Males predominantly whose origins are from the Kashmir region region of Pakistan responsible for the abuse (s) that were against mainly white lower class girls, then services in Labour run councils may not function as they ought to in terms of safeguarding and protection.
Sarah resigned - her choice. She wrote in The Sun - why would anyone do that? and says they misrepresented her words (they say they didn't), and put her article next to an inflammatory comment peice.

I don't see why it's an issue for Labour - councillors, police, social workers should be investigated and prosecuted - they are individuals. And child protection should be improved on a local and national level. Who gives a **** about 'awkward' conversations - just treat it like a problem that needs fixing in the way that any civil service collapse of procedure would be investigated and fixed,

The point that so many are predictably missing is the attitudes of one culture towards another. It is what Champions article was about and it needed saying.
I'll repeat what I said previously, the muslim community needs to adapt to free society not free society adapt to the muslim community.

The point that so many are predictably missing is the attitudes of some people from one culture towards another. It is what Champions article was about and it needed saying.
I'll repeat what I said previously, the muslim community needs to adapt to free society not free society adapt to the muslim community.

fixed that for you...

Sarah resigned - her choice. She wrote in The Sun - why would anyone do that? and says they misrepresented her words (they say they didn't), and put her article next to an inflammatory comment peice.

I don't see why it's an issue for Labour - councillors, police, social workers should be investigated and prosecuted - they are individuals. And child protection should be improved on a local and national level. Who gives a **** about 'awkward' conversations - just treat it like a problem that needs fixing in the way that any civil service collapse of procedure would be investigated and fixed,

It's an issue for Labour, as it is their councils and professionals that are failing, and have failed.

Let's be very clear here what the findings from Rotherham were where an investigation has taken place;

13.49 In 2006, a Conservative councillor requested a meeting with the Council Leader at
which he expressed his concerns about CSE. This had come to his attention via
constituents. He told the Inquiry that the Council Leader advised him the matters
were being dealt with by the Police and requested that he did not raise them publicly.
13.50 Latterly, in 2012/13 further CSE training sessions for councillors were organised with
the attendance being 60 out of 63 councillors.
13.51 Interviews with senior members revealed that none could recall the issue ever being
discussed in the Labour Group until 2012. Given the seriousness of the subject, the
evidence available, and the reputational damage to the Council, it is extraordinary
that the Labour Group, which dominated the Council, failed to discuss CSE until then.
Some senior members acknowledged that that was a mistake. Asked if they should
have done things differently, they thought that as an administration they should have
tackled the issues 'head on', including any concerns about ethnic issues.

If Labour supporters such as yourself cannot see how this is an issue for Labour, allow me to go further with the findings and recommendations;

Minority ethnic communities
Recommendation 12: There should be more direct and more frequent engagement
by the Council and also the Safeguarding Board with women and men from minority
ethnic communities on the issue of CSE and other forms of abuse.

Recommendation 13: The Safeguarding Board should address the under-reporting
of sexual exploitation and abuse in minority ethnic communities.

You can have all the investigations you wish AAS, but if you refuse to to follow the findings because they aren't politically convenient....then what is the point?

It's an issue for Labour, as it is their councils and professionals that are failing, and have failed.

Let's be very clear here what the findings from Rotherham were where an investigation has taken place;

13.49 In 2006, a Conservative councillor requested a meeting with the Council Leader at
which he expressed his concerns about CSE. This had come to his attention via
constituents. He told the Inquiry that the Council Leader advised him the matters
were being dealt with by the Police and requested that he did not raise them publicly.
13.50 Latterly, in 2012/13 further CSE training sessions for councillors were organised with
the attendance being 60 out of 63 councillors.
13.51 Interviews with senior members revealed that none could recall the issue ever being
discussed in the Labour Group until 2012. Given the seriousness of the subject, the
evidence available, and the reputational damage to the Council, it is extraordinary
that the Labour Group, which dominated the Council, failed to discuss CSE until then.
Some senior members acknowledged that that was a mistake. Asked if they should
have done things differently, they thought that as an administration they should have
tackled the issues 'head on', including any concerns about ethnic issues.

If Labour supporters such as yourself cannot see how this is an issue for Labour, allow me to go further with the findings and recommendations;

Minority ethnic communities
Recommendation 12: There should be more direct and more frequent engagement
by the Council and also the Safeguarding Board with women and men from minority
ethnic communities on the issue of CSE and other forms of abuse.

Recommendation 13: The Safeguarding Board should address the under-reporting
of sexual exploitation and abuse in minority ethnic communities.

You can have all the investigations you wish AAS, but if you refuse to to follow the findings because they aren't politically convenient....then what is the point?
I don't want findings I want prosecutions. Rotherham, Grenfell, wherever people in positions of authority endanger others through negligence - prosecute them.

I don't want findings I want prosecutions. Rotherham, Grenfell, wherever people in positions of authority endanger others through negligence - prosecute them.

Of course you don't want the the findings, as they demonstrate a clear failure time and time again by Labour run authorities to deal and recognise that the problem lies within certain parts of our communities.

Sure we can have prosecutions, and I'm not against that but also we need to identify what went wrong and how to put it right.

Back