• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

What was Paul Kelsey's achievement/record that was marked by the club, and the Echo if i remember rightly?

His was 1000 home games in a row. The last game he missed, due to an illness, was Sheffield Wednesday on a Tuesday night in February 1979.

Am I the only one who thinks him missing his nephew's wedding for the sake of a football match a bit sad?

Am I the only one who thinks him missing his nephew's wedding for the sake of a football match a bit sad?

He could have done a Paul (Herman) Kelsey when he was under orders to attend a wedding. He was at the church bit but slipped out of the reception about 14:40 and nipped down to RH so that he didn't spoil his record. Yes he missed the meal and speeches but was back for the evening and not many noticed.

I wonder if he's a member of this forum ? He'd have to be relentlessly cheerful and pragmatic in the face of disappointment and adversity to clock up 28 years without missing a game. Can't think of anyone with that profile right now.... any ideas ?

he is in fact XXXXL16

I wonder if he's a member of this forum ? He'd have to be relentlessly cheerful and pragmatic in the face of disappointment and adversity to clock up 28 years without missing a game. Can't think of anyone with that profile right now.... any ideas ?

I spoke to Phil a while ago and he still is a member of the Zone.

He is far too busy planning his life and job round the games to spend too much time visiting the Zone.

He needs either an award or his head testing.

Brilliant achievement Phil. ---- and I don't mean you, Tango head.

I'm trying to imagine Phil at some of the awful thin scrapings of games I've witnessed over the years. I ended up at Carlisle 5-0 Blues, 1997, because I was staying with relations in Newcastle.
I had to work in Manchester when I nipped over to see Halifax beat us 3-1 in 1998.
You know the feeling.
But Mr Cox actually travelled from the deep south and back to see that, and farsands of others where we got beaten on a wet, cold Tuesday night. Chapeau!

Really nice bloke Phil is used to speak to him a lot when I did away games. He certainly has an impressive attendance record.

I think Phil Cox shouldreceive something from the club in recognition for this momentouseffort. Has anyone from the zone approached the club to see if theyare doing something for him or do I have to contact Ron myself?

I think Phil Cox shouldreceive something from the club in recognition for this momentouseffort. Has anyone from the zone approached the club to see if theyare doing something for him or do I have to contact Ron myself?

Don't spoil a surprise!!! I believe that something is in hand.

The club gave him a bottle of champers prior to the last game.

Is that it! :blush:

You'd think he'd get a free season ticket or something.

Back