• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

10th in the Premiership...what were they expecting?...Champions League?

Apparently all to do with losing his focus after the interest from Everton. Already appointed a replacement in Jack Gracia.

10th in the Premiership...what were they expecting?...Champions League?

They've got 5 points out of their last 33, on that form they'll finish with less than 33 points, and no club has ever survived with 33 points or less. Everton turned Silva's head, he asked to leave and when Watford said no he stopped caring.

They've got 5 points out of their last 33, on that form they'll finish with less than 33 points, and no club has ever survived with 33 points or less. Everton turned Silva's head, he asked to leave and when Watford said no he stopped caring.

I think its more they have a board that is clearly not for football, average manager lasts 233 days

I think its more they have a board that is clearly not for football, average manager lasts 233 days

That stat is misleading since Oscar Garcia stepped down after 4 matches due to health problems and his assistant, Billy Mckinlay, for some reason was made manager instead of caretaker manager so despite only managing for 2 matches he still counts as a manager. Those two heavily bring the average number of days down even though one had nothing to do with the board and the other wasn't really a manager.

Whilst Watford are trigger happy they usually wait until the end of the season before sacking someone. Of the other 7 managers that have left whilst the current board were in charge only Zola (who lasted more than a year anyway), and now Silva, were sacked before May.

That stat is misleading since Oscar Garcia stepped down after 4 matches due to health problems and his assistant, Billy Mckinlay, for some reason was made manager instead of caretaker manager so despite only managing for 2 matches he still counts as a manager. Those two heavily bring the average number of days down even though one had nothing to do with the board and the other wasn't really a manager.

Whilst Watford are trigger happy they usually wait until the end of the season before sacking someone. Of the other 7 managers that have left whilst the current board were in charge only Zola (who lasted more than a year anyway), and now Silva, were sacked before May.

They also don't regard the manager as quite as important a cog as other clubs. He's there to help implement the policies of the ownership group - talking to Watford fans, they are becoming accustomed to the manager changing fairly regularly and they don't see it as a huge issue.

Only found out yesterday that whilst manager of Bury, Chris Lucketti's side didn't score a single league goal.

Now that's quite something to have on your CV!

Leeds sack Thomas Christiansen after 8 months in charge.

If you include caretaker managers, Leeds are now looking for their 10th manager in just over 3 and half years (since Brian McDermott got sacked on 30th May 2014)

...... A quick check shows that Leeds have only had 2 managers (Simon Grayson & Kevin Blackwell that have managed to hold on to the reign for 100+ league games for them, since David O'Leary was sacked 16 years ago in June 2002..... In comparison, our last 3 managers have managed nearly 800 matches between them!

Talk about the "poison chalice".

Last edited:
Long may Leeds continue stumbling from one mess to another. Can't explain it but must have something to do with growing up in the 70's but I have a pathological hatred for Leeds United.

That said I have had some god weekends in Leeds when they host a test match. One particular day on the Western Terrace is still my favourite cricket day out.

Bradford have sacked McCall after they lost 6 matches in a row, including losses to relegation candidates Wimbledon, Oldham and Northampton. Whilst it's a bad run of form I'm surprised he wasn't given more time to turn things around given that they are still 6th.

Long may Leeds continue stumbling from one mess to another. Can't explain it but must have something to do with growing up in the 70's but I have a pathological hatred for Leeds United.

That said I have had some god weekends in Leeds when they host a test match. One particular day on the Western Terrace is still my favourite cricket day out.

Join the gang, absolutely hate Leeds.........But doesn't everybody, so the song goes :winking:

Especially after they scored late in the game at home when we were on our way down from the championship with a twice taken free kick..:angry:

Bradford have sacked McCall after they lost 6 matches in a row, including losses to relegation candidates Wimbledon, Oldham and Northampton. Whilst it's a bad run of form I'm surprised he wasn't given more time to turn things around given that they are still 6th.

We did say driving home from Peterborough he would be next. Especially as he had not long been given the dreaded 'vote of confidence'. In other words lose the next match and your sacked.

Paul Heckingbotttom leaves Barnsley to join Leeds.

Listening to TalkSport radio earlier, the commentator said that Danny Cowley is the current favourite to take up the vacant managers position at Barnsley.

Cambridge United part ways with their manager Shaun Derry tonight after their 0-0 draw with Lincoln, as well as their Chief Executive resigns, all this just a few hours after they get a new owner. Big shake up for Cambridge by the sounds of it.

Grimsby haven't won in 12 matches, I'm guessing prior to that they were up there in the promotion mix, as they are now still only 17th and 9th points clear of relegation.

Back