• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

As of yesterday I was told East Stand is sold out, looks like its going to be a nigh full house!:happy:

Tbf the east stand is always first to sell out.

It would be great to see over 10k for the first time this season but it is unlikely.

As of yesterday I was told East Stand is sold out, looks like its going to be a nigh full house!:happy:

It would be great to see over 10k for the first time this season but it is unlikely.

At least it will be a genuine gate as the usual 500 in the south lower have not been given away

I would be optimistic of a win here, however can't take them lightly. A big club in this division it would be good if we could send them back to the south coast on the back of a 3-1 defeat!

Current form (last 6 matches) places us 8th and them 21st so the form guide suggests we shouldn't lose but of course football is never easy to predict. Also it seems they don't draw many games just 4 all season.

I'd like a 3-1 but right now will settle for either a 1-1 or a 1-0 win!

At least it will be a genuine gate as the usual 500 in the south lower have not been given away.

Not quite sure what you are trying to say. The attendance is a record of the number of people who ...... did just that - attended.

The criteria of who paid full price, lower price (us oldies for instance), season ticket holders (reduced average price per game) or got in free does not apply, does it?

Genuine might not have been the right word, but I know what dshrimp is getting at in terms of money in the coffers - it absolutely counts there and an attendance of punters who have chosen to part with cash for the privilege is good news all round.

Hamlet Court

So, my usual drill for a Southend game would be train into Prittlewell, few pints in the Railway before and after the game and train back. Going to be mixing it up a bit this week and will start at The Hamlet Court and work our way up. The lads I'm going with are well up for it and are treating it as an away game :smile: ..

..so anything I should know? - Does it get busy round that way? - Any recommendations....

So, my usual drill for a Southend game would be train into Prittlewell, few pints in the Railway before and after the game and train back. Going to be mixing it up a bit this week and will start at The Hamlet Court and work our way up. The lads I'm going with are well up for it and are treating it as an away game :smile: ..

..so anything I should know? - Does it get busy round that way? - Any recommendations....

The Cliff is worth a stop on the way.

Reasonably optimistic about this game and, as usual, hopeful beyond the facts and stats! A tough match is expected but, injuries aside, there should be no reason why we can't be competitive. A tight 2-1 victory to us for me. I have a feeling Oxley will earn his corn on saturday and young Dru is going to be composed enough to find the net for us.

........Oxley
Demi Anton Turner Coker
Mcglash timlin druuuu macca
............fortune cox
Certainly Flash might get the start for the HOME game as SCP may have been told of how toxic towards Theo (as Anton) some supporters at the Hall are.
I can't make up my mind on Flash or Theo both can do a good job and both can go missing. Which one is better starting? or better as an impact sub? which can play either left or right side, swapping with MacL? What are Pompey's full backs like? Will SCP try one of the new lads (or both)?

Depends what you drink.

There is the tap up by the theatre - cozy (small) and friendly but only if you like cask ales. 12 minute walk to the ground thereafter. :thumbsup:

Latest on Pompey o/s....

++
[FONT=&quot]Blues fans have already snapped up more than 1,800 seats for the League One contest, with about 150 remaining.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]These must be bought in advance, as no tickets will be sold at Roots Hall on the day of the game.
++
[/FONT]

Go straight to The Cricketers.Ignore the competition en route.

Not quite sure what you are trying to say. The attendance is a record of the number of people who ...... did just that - attended.

The criteria of who paid full price, lower price (us oldies for instance), season ticket holders (reduced average price per game) or got in free does not apply, does it?
The free tickets for south lower are still counted as attendance even if people don't use them. Attendance figures are tickets sold (given free) not bodies in the ground.

The free tickets for south lower are still counted as attendance even if people don't use them. Attendance figures are tickets sold (given free) not bodies in the ground.

Really? I didn't know that. I would have thought with the bar coded tickets and the computerised entry system it would be quite easy to say how many people attended (i.e. entered the ground) for the game.

Really? I didn't know that. I would have thought with the bar coded tickets and the computerised entry system it would be quite easy to say how many people attended (i.e. entered the ground) for the game.

You only have to look at some of the games in the prem at arsenal /man city etc to see all the empty seats yet the official attendance says it's a full house

Back