• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Just found the home programme from the Man City game while rifling around in the loft. Hope these pics come out ok...sufc v mancity1.jpg
sufc v mancity2.jpg
sufc vmancity3.jpg
sufc vmancity4.jpg

This might work as a better way of viewing the programme cover...

What a picture
We may-can build another 5 grounds..
But none will EVER be as good as Roots Hall..built by fans,for fans..that fans of "our age" will always love
Great picture. I was at the 1st game v Norwich. Stood as a young lad in the paddock . Now have a seat in East roughly same place as I stood !

Liking the new stadium! :cool:

attachment.php

I'm not sure where that ground was going to be built. We used to publish nice photos of stadiums that we were going to build which would be a shock to the landowners as they were always on land that we didn't even own.

A bit like now then as Southend Council still have a deal to make with RM over some parts of it.

That's the Garon Park stadium plan.....Uncle Vic had fallen out with the council big time and they showed their true colours by clearly showing that the towns football club wasn't wanted.If built it would have been one of the first of the new breed of stadium which has become the norm.As it is we are now one of the only ones with a blue fence!!
Yeah, couldn't resist posting that one!

Was that stadium intended to be where the Greyhound Retail Park now is (and where Southend had previously played way back when?)

TSNB quickly puts up another photo before this wonderful thread becomes hi-jacked by the new stadium talk.

s-l1000.jpg

Well played. And what a team that was. Now remind me what stadium is that.

Southport I think - wasn't there a video of it too?

There you go. It's one I put on here earlier.
[video=youtube;TGuTcNLmIXg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TGuTcNLmIXg&t=55s[/video]

That team picture was taken away at Chester probably at start of 1966/7 season when we played there on 7th Sept. The stand in the background is the old main stand at Sealand Road with the open terrace in the background. By the time I went to Sealand Road in the 80's they had built a new main stand.
If you look when we played at Southport at the end of that season we had an emblem on the shirts. In the team photo there is no emblem.

That team picture was taken away at Chester probably at start of 1966/7 season when we played there on 7th Sept. The stand in the background is the old main stand at Sealand Road with the open terrace in the background. By the time I went to Sealand Road in the 80's they had built a new main stand.
If you look when we played at Southport at the end of that season we had an emblem on the shirts. In the team photo there is no emblem.
And different socks .

Back