• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Evanescence with an orchestra at the Royal Festival Hall. A present for the wife’s birthday as they were one of her favourite bands. Really enjoyable and sat in one of their boxes so had a great view and the acoustics were excellent. The lead singer has an exceptional voice and is very talented on the piano.

Ha! I remember sitting in one of those boxes to see Elvis Costello (in his Almost Blue period) with Rob Noxious.

Talking of Elvis,he's back in Barna in June (bought tickets last Monday).

Ha! I remember sitting in one of those boxes to see Elvis Costello (in his Almost Blue period) with Rob Noxious.

Talking of Elvis,he's back in Barna in June (bought tickets last Monday).
Remember him being in The Grand a few years ago talking to Lee Brilleaux .

Only when seeing the Band of Holy Joy in Nunhead do you get to see a member of Test Dept in the audience and say to them 'we slept on the same floor in a flat in Southend about 25 years ago'.

Venue and sounds were full on David Lynch.

My train was cancelled and I'm back on trains at 8am towards Blackburn but I should be home by 1am so a good 6 hours kip.

Arcade Fire - Wembley Arena, a venue I haven't been to for 28 years because it was a poor experience in on 1989.
SeenTAF 11 times and everyone including tonight has been magical.
I saw Arcade Fire's first ever London show - Kings College Student Union, 2005. Must admit, I gave up on them after The Suburbs; how are they these days?

FWIW - the last time I went to Wembley Arena was 1992 to see Lenny Kravitz! My GF at the time was a fan, honestly...

I saw Arcade Fire's first ever London show - Kings College Student Union, 2005.

Oddly I think the only time I've been there was Rage Against The Machine's first UK gigs back in early 90s. I say saw, I couldn't get through the door and when it was over people came out like they'd been toe to toe will Milwall's "finest". :stunned:

FWIW - the last time I went to Wembley Arena was 1992 to see Lenny Kravitz! My GF at the time was a fan, honestly...

Depeche Mode late 1990s. Hideous place to see a band.

Depeche Mode late 1990s. Hideous place to see a band.
I think it depends on the band. I saw several BIG metal bands there in the late 1980s (AC/DC, Kiss, Maiden, Mötley Crüe, Metallica, Slayer) and it was absolutely perfect for that, as long as you got close enough of course.

Ah, if only I'd been there :smile:
I know the guy who booked them for the Grand , they were payed £40 for the gig next time he went to book them they wanted £300 , hence they only played at The Grand once .:smile:

I know the guy who booked them for the Grand , they were payed £40 for the gig next time he went to book them they wanted £300 , hence they only played at The Grand once .:smile:

I guess every band has to start somewhere. I turned down seeing Oasis in Ilford :facepalm: and I know Pearl Jam played in the Cliffs Pavillion just as they started to go stellar.

I guess every band has to start somewhere. I turned down seeing Oasis in Ilford :facepalm: and I know Pearl Jam played in the Cliffs Pavillion just as they started to go stellar.
Pearl Jam's first UK gig was The Esplanade. Oasis played the Army & Nay too, I believe. I wasn't at either of those. The best I can do when it comes to early-gigs-of-bands-who-later-became-huge is The Libertines at Chinnerys and The Strokes at Colchester Arts Centre.

Pearl Jam's first UK gig was The Esplanade. Oasis played the Army & Nay too, I believe. I wasn't at either of those. The best I can do when it comes to early-gigs-of-bands-who-later-became-huge is The Libertines at Chinnerys and The Strokes at Colchester Arts Centre.

Yes, you are correct.

Thanks ***. Unfortunately, the band members of the groups I like the most a gradually dying of old age. So for me, it is almost 'a last chance see.'

The are still few bands I want to see. If anyone has a The The ticket going spare I would be very grateful!

I thought my chance to see King Crimson had passed, but luckily I will be seeing them for a third time in October.

Well I now have a ticket for The The in September at the Digbeth Arena in Birmingham. No, I'd not heard of it either. But it is a new open air arena east of the Bullring, so let's hope it stays dry.

Also playing there in the summer are Brian Wilson doing Pet Sounds, Texas, Garbage and Bananarama among others.

Snuff at the Cockpit in Kingston theoretically test driving their as yet unrecorded album at 3 small venues in outer London but starting with a song from 1988.

I love Snuff. They make me feel like I've felt for 30 years. Talking ****, shouting and a trombone. That's like splitting the atom - it's like an explosion of different elements that combine to make you feel the same every time it happens. Like the x axis meets the y axis and it doesn't matter when it is because it's a predetermined result - you feel good, grounded, and that life is not actually that complicated, but its joyous and loud.

Singer/drummer Duncan was in the bar before the gig and I reminded him that he had played an Anti Nazi League benefit for me at Kingston Uni (when he played in Snuff offshoot Guns n ******s) and that when I'd asked him what the band's expenses were he said that there were 3 of them so they'd like £3.50 each for a travelcard. Legend.

Sweaty, enclosed venue and an energetic audience. New stuff on the whole sounded great, couple needed a bit of tweaking, and a smattering of classics and ending on 'Whatever happened to the Likely Lads'.

I grabbed Hammond player Lee as he tried to leave the sweatbox and said 'from a distance you look like football manager Phil Brown, sorry to ruin your evening' and he said 'I actually love that'.

My youngest daughter went to a gig in Kingston a few weeks ago with a friend. There is an express bus that is pretty much door to door where we live and I was going to meet them at the bus stop. She messaged me from Heathrow to say they had got the right bus in the wrong direction. I'm going the right way - just FYI.

Got tickets to see Pixies at the Roundhouse in November.

I was really excited when I got tickets to see them at Ally Pally back in 2005, thinking I was unlikely to get another chance. The November one will be my fourth time seeing them!

Got tickets to see Pixies at the Roundhouse in November.

I was really excited when I got tickets to see them at Ally Pally back in 2005, thinking I was unlikely to get another chance. The November one will be my fourth time seeing them!

I think I saw the in Brixton in the early 00s and it did seem that it the reformation would be a rare thing.

Back