• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Dave Martin so nearly got in that 11. But i felt he was just combatative, not so much dirty and fearless. Another i felt couldve been is Peter Butler or Steve Tilson even.

Yes and yes.

And Blair Sturrock ............ no-one wanted to play against him. :unsure:

Not much, or should that be not many, got past Guy Butters. Only 16 games but what a unit.

Wow - I haven't heard that name in a while.

And we had a large centre back once - Gary Richards? Was (wrongly) sent off away at Oldham. But we still hung on to win. :smile:

Last edited:
Dave Martin so nearly got in that 11. But i felt he was just combatative, not so much dirty and fearless. Another i felt couldve been is Peter Butler or Steve Tilson even.

Pat Scully would get in just for that tackle he got sent off for when we beat Bury to be promoted in 91

Gary 'Pony' Richards was a striker wasn't he?

Garry Richards was a centre-half signed from Colchester and sold to Gillingham. Most famous for being wrongly sent off by Trevor Kettle at Oldham.

Pony "Tony" Richards was an ineffective striker formerly at Orient, signed from Barnet.

Garry Richards was a centre-half signed from Colchester and sold to Gillingham. Most famous for being wrongly sent off by Trevor Kettle at Oldham.

Pony "Tony" Richards was an ineffective striker formerly at Orient, signed from Barnet.

So many people were wrongly sent off by Kettle, it's hardly going to make anyone famous !

Another tower block that loved a shove, crunch and slide in was the injury prone Ryan Innis. For someone forever trying to shrug his injuries, he never flinched an aerial challenge. I liked Ryan during his stay with us but it was never going to work out.

Garry Richards was a centre half, Tony Richards was, allegedly, a striker.
Yep it's all becoming clear now, thanks both

Another tower block that loved a shove, crunch and slide in was the injury prone Ryan Innis. For someone forever trying to shrug his injuries, he never flinched an aerial challenge. I liked Ryan during his stay with us but it was never going to work out.

We are only including footballers you know :smile:

The team that no one wants to play. None of them shirked a tackle, most of them loved a header and a flying elbow. If you knew he was coming, you knew you'd get clattered if you still had the ball.
Unusually for me, i'm going for 2x attacking fullbacks in a 5- 2- 3 fomation. The fallen over christmas tree. If i was facing this lot, i'd stay in the dressing room. Whats your 11?

P Samsome
A Barrett
P Clark (Viking) & skipper
E Sodje
B Moshni
P Clarke

A McCormack
M Bentley

B Corr
R McDonough
M'Voto

Mike marsh, as well as being skill full, used to go in hard with the tackles.

For those of a certain vintage, the first name on my mean teamsheet would be Joe Jacques. And he'd be captain.
He was properly hard, not a pantomime villain like Deegan !

For those of a certain vintage, the first name on my mean teamsheet would be Joe Jacques. And he'd be captain.
He was properly hard, not a pantomime villain like Deegan !

Heart attack at 36. Blimey. Would love to see some footage of him playing, good one Spenser

Back