• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Still trying to get over the brilliant shock of us tying with Peterborough to be the first clubs to sign anyone in our league in May. Brilliant, what a turnaround, let's hope they keep on coming. I see Peterborough picked up two freebies from Accrington and Mansfield from the lower reaches.

Heard a muttering that you’re looking at ex-Norwich midfielder Ebou Adams, who spent the second half of last season at Orient (and whom we’re unsuccessfully trying to bring in on a permanent deal).

Heard a muttering that you’re looking at ex-Norwich midfielder Ebou Adams, who spent the second half of last season at Orient (and whom we’re unsuccessfully trying to bring in on a permanent deal).

Interesting. How would you describe this midfielder? E.g. creative, attacking. Plays centrally I am guessing.

Interesting. How would you describe this midfielder? E.g. creative, attacking. Plays centrally I am guessing.

Combative central midfielder. Loves a 50-50 tackle and can play a fair bit as well. Inconsistent on occasion but generally head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch except Bonne and our right back Sam Ling. Put our other, more experienced centre mids to shame for the most part. Currently a League Two standard player IMHO, but with plenty of scope to improve. Small gamble for you; key signing for any National League side. Reckon he might end up at the Ewes.

Combative central midfielder. Loves a 50-50 tackle and can play a fair bit as well. Inconsistent on occasion but generally head and shoulders above everyone else on the pitch except Bonne and our right back Sam Ling. Put our other, more experienced centre mids to shame for the most part. Currently a League Two standard player IMHO, but with plenty of scope to improve. Small gamble for you; key signing for any National League side. Reckon he might end up at the Ewes.

Not heard anything about him down here, so that means its a certainty he is coming! Mind you we have a decent midfield already despite several players leaving, but Harry Pell is joining us from Cheltenham on a 3 year deal he looks to be a decent player.

I have heard we are very likely to sign one of our CM targets who has L1 experience.

Any relation?

We've already got Freddy Eastwood and Mark Gower's sons in our academy and I'm all for us assembling a second generation dream team.

If that is the case does it mean that Sam Mantron is not staying with us

No. Even if Timlin extends and Mantom signs we'd still need another centre-mid. Adams sounds more like a 4th centre mid than a 2nd.

Any relation?

We've already got Freddy Eastwood and Mark Gower's sons in our academy and I'm all for us assembling a second generation dream team.

No. Even if Timlin extends and Mantom signs we'd still need another centre-mid. Adams sounds more like a 4th centre mid than a 2nd.

A squad player?? But we cannot have those... surely!

A squad player?? But we cannot have those... surely!

Absolutely right ........... but perhaps a player that is developing? Is that different? Hhhmmmmm.

Yeareo has had 1/2 a season, Tims is an old war-horse so I would expect to be signing at least one more seasoned midfielder who would look to play 30+ games in a season. Perhaps a 4th midfielder who shows potential may have a place in the squad?

Absolutely right ........... but perhaps a player that is developing? Is that different? Hhhmmmmm.

Yeareo has had 1/2 a season, Tims is an old war-horse so I would expect to be signing at least one more seasoned midfielder who would look to play 30+ games in a season. Perhaps a 4th midfielder who shows potential may have a place in the squad?

Sounds like a new chocolate bar

Any relation?

Unfortunately Mark's son is not with us any more. When I spoke to Gower at the Arlington Rooms the other week he said Jimmy is now at Arsenal.

Nicky Law has been released from Bradford. Always been impressed when I’ve seen him play. Would be happy with him.

Not heard anything about him down here, so that means its a certainty he is coming! Mind you we have a decent midfield already despite several players leaving, but Harry Pell is joining us from Cheltenham on a 3 year deal he looks to be a decent player.

Pell is an excellent signing. 3 year deal seems a bit excessive, though. Does that mean Szmodics is off?

Back