• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Mick, the wheels grind VERY slowly within NR (insert joke here) and timetable changes are planned months if not years in advance. Simply put, the income that GA get from West Ham/Tottenham fans living in and around Southend dwarfs anything we can generate.

When I do get the train down the trains are never full - when I came down for the Blackpool game and drove through Shenfield, the station was emptying with 1000s of Spammers.
Our visits to Wembley and GA”s plans compared to C2C was simply pathetic

To be fair the GA network is a proper railway.. C2C is a point to point commuter line .. which had huge problems and was totally revamped in the late 90,s early 00,s ? With new signaling and new trains ..
It’s a far superior product but was a much easier problem to solve
GA will get there eventually. The trains they are running are decades old.

Thank your lucky stars you're not on Thameslink, Southern or Northern Rail. :omg: :facepalm:

Thank your lucky stars you're not on Thameslink, Southern or Northern Rail. :omg: :facepalm:

Well...these changes have been pretty well signposted. I was astonished that the BBC News lead with some pricks from Harpenden moaning about their train times being different.

I appreciate some of the changes may not suit some commuters but they've had plenty of time to ready themselves for it.

My daily train home now leave a minute later, which I guess means another 60 seconds of fannying about on here.

I am! I work in Coulsdon in Surrey so have had to put up with Southern Fail for the best part of five years.

Three trains in a row on my route were cancelled this morning. I ended up having to take a Brighton train, get off at Redhill (the first major station after Coulsdon) and go back the other way.

Well...these changes have been pretty well signposted. I was astonished that the BBC News lead with some pricks from Harpenden moaning about their train times being different.

I appreciate some of the changes may not suit some commuters but they've had plenty of time to ready themselves for it.

My daily train home now leave a minute later, which I guess means another 60 seconds of fannying about on here.
So have the operators.

To be fair the GA network is a proper railway.. C2C is a point to point commuter line .. which had huge problems and was totally revamped in the late 90,s early 00,s ? With new signaling and new trains ..
It’s a far superior product but was a much easier problem to solve
GA will get there eventually. The trains they are running are decades old.
actually GA is in the midst of replacing the rolling stock with new carriages. Only GA must have said in the design brief “ can you make tge seats as u comfortable as possible, and make it so it’s painful to learn against the window “. Speak to anyone who has sat in the new trains and they will say the same. The plug sockets ar a good idea, but a socket with a USB would have met people’s needs far better

Those suffering bad delays, don't forget to claim a refund!

My PayPal balance is quite healthy at the moment thanks to all the cancellations over the last year.

actually GA is in the midst of replacing the rolling stock with new carriages. Only GA must have said in the design brief “ can you make tge seats as u comfortable as possible, and make it so it’s painful to learn against the window “. Speak to anyone who has sat in the new trains and they will say the same. The plug sockets ar a good idea, but a socket with a USB would have met people’s needs far better

GA are in the middle of improving their trains and services like Southend United is in the middle of moving to a new ground.

It's taking too long and there are no tangible improvements on the horizon.

Pointless fact: The big banks actually own the trains. The TOCs just rent them, hence one one TOC gets binned they don't take their Class 321s with them, like the sulky kid who takes his football after losing 11-0 to the big kids.

There aren't any new trains yet. The 'new' ones are a refurbishment of current stock. The new ones will begin appearing at the end of the year on test IIRC. I personally find the new seats much better posture wise (the old seats are to low down and I've never found them comfortable), but they are a bit hard. The main reason (but not the only one) they are harder is because of fire and safety regulations dictating things such as thickness of the cushions etc., although I know it's been acknowledged that they could have been better, and the new trains ones will be.

I'm shortly moving to Norfolk and was hoping to catch a train to RH from Norwich via Shenfield. Any hopes besides Bob?

Back