• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

The subjects that people deem appropriate to discuss on the train and the language they use, every other word an F or a C.

And what was wrong with GA as couldn't get a southend bound train from Liv St either? was just carnage!

Same problem as they have had since Saturday,
two platforms out of use due to points failure.

According to C2C yesterday it was the overhead power failing which took out the signalling (hence the District line being slow in the same region)

Stayed in the office bit longer, checked when two consecutive GA trains were running and went for the latter . Didn't go anywhere near FS after seeing that between 5.30 and 7 80% were cancelled and the remainder were stupidly late
Got a fairly stress free journey albeit home close to two hours later than normal.

Same problem as they have had since Saturday,
two platforms out of use due to points failure.

According to C2C yesterday it was the overhead power failing which took out the signalling (hence the District line being slow in the same region)

Stayed in the office bit longer, checked when two consecutive GA trains were running and went for the latter . Didn't go anywhere near FS after seeing that between 5.30 and 7 80% were cancelled and the remainder were stupidly late
Got a fairly stress free journey albeit home close to two hours later than normal.

You had the right idea, I stupidly didn't check the C2C website before leaving work, which I normally do everyday!

You had the right idea, I stupidly didn't check the C2C website before leaving work, which I normally do everyday!

I stopped looking at it when it crashed at about 5.40 !

Used National Rails live departure boards and when they tweeted their only advise was travel later I decided to stay put for a while

C2C & GA are bound to be on Twitter, as are National Rail enquiries. They usually tweet when things have gone ****-shaped.

I've either lost my phone or left it at home. Now I swear I took it out of my bag when I got to work, but the Find My Phone App is telling me it's at home. No one home until after 2pm to confim.......arrrrggghhhh!

Me!! I had a BT line fault and yesterday I was visited by Open Reach who reckoned it was caused by my router(also BT). The guy said he would report the broadband fault. Today I got a call from 'Open Reach' he said, about my broadband fault in an Indian accent. I should have sussed it but instead I let him carry on as he said he was carrying out tests from the exchange. So I let him download remote software onto my laptop and we ran tests. It was only when one of the scripts threw up an error and said I was due a refund of £200 that my brain finally said RHB is a gullible prat. I told the guy I was closing the call which ****ed him off but tough. I couldn't get rid of the s/w so it was web disconnect time, a temporary block on my bank account and credit cards and a total reset of the laptop (17%) as I type. Serves me right.

Oh RHB...........you're not alone my wife's friend got caught like that. They are robbing ****ers.

I'd consider formatting your hard drive and reinstalling Windows. Could be all manner of nasties lurking.

Oh RHB...........you're not alone my wife's friend got caught like that. They are robbing ****ers.

I'd consider formatting your hard drive and reinstalling Windows. Could be all manner of nasties lurking.

That's what I'm doing right now mate. It's a very slow process.

Install Linux.

Free and fast.

Unless you *really* need windows apps.

Back