• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Last night I went to a rare gig of probably the most influential group of all time, The Rutles (younger viewers may need to wiki them). The Prefab Four played all the 'hits' from the Hamburger days of Goose-step Mama, to Ouch!, the psychedelic Piggy In The Middle, and the hard rocking Get Up And Go.

A great night.

th03.jpgth04.jpgtr000.jpgtr00.jpgtr01.jpg

Last night I went to a rare gig of probably the most influential group of all time, The Rutles (younger viewers may need to wiki them). The Prefab Four played all the 'hits' from the Hamburger days of Goose-step Mama, to Ouch!, the psychedelic Piggy In The Middle, and the hard rocking Get Up And Go.

A great night.

View attachment 5267View attachment 5268View attachment 5269View attachment 5270View attachment 5271

Older ones too.:smile: TBF,I have at least heard of them.

Booked tickets to see Mudhoney in London. Seen a few of my favourite old bands recently and they have all failed to deliver the same energy/edge that they once did, which is totally understandable - after all we're all old now. Sincerely believe that Mudhoney will be an exception to this, looking forward to a mental gig.

Pearl Jam's first UK gig was The Esplanade. Oasis played the Army & Nay too, I believe. I wasn't at either of those. The best I can do when it comes to early-gigs-of-bands-who-later-became-huge is The Libertines at Chinnerys and The Strokes at Colchester Arts Centre.

If its any consolation, Peal Jam were crap. We ended up listening to them from the other bar!!

Saw Catatonia there when they were starting out and were superb. Cerys was lovely too!!

Got tickets to see Pixies at the Roundhouse in November.

I was really excited when I got tickets to see them at Ally Pally back in 2005, thinking I was unlikely to get another chance. The November one will be my fourth time seeing them!

So glad I saw this post as I managed to miss hearing about the tickets. Saw them the last time they were over at Brixton, but have seen them at numerous venues, including the Cliffs Pavilion.

I'm off to find weekend tickets!!

I liked two songs of theirs, but went with a friend who was a fan and also out of curiosity!! I haven't liked anything since!!

Ten was great - they certainly rode the Grunge wave - but it was the law of diminishing returns thereafter. I have no idea if they're even still going.

Ten was great - they certainly rode the Grunge wave - but it was the law of diminishing returns thereafter. I have no idea if they're even still going.
I always saw them as symbolising the death of grunge; bloated, overblown, mainstream guff that couldn't have been further from the spirit of Bleach or Superfuzz if it tried.

I always saw them as symbolising the death of grunge; bloated, overblown, mainstream guff that couldn't have been further from the spirit of Bleach or Superfuzz if it tried.

I dunno. There were plenty of other wannabees who could take that crown. I give you....

[video=youtube;VuTVKO0RScI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuTVKO0RScI[/video]

#shudders

Last edited:
Just remembered - wife got tickets, I'm not too fussed - that we are off to see Foo Fighters at the London Stadium on Friday. Wouldn't have gone for this myself but am sure it'll be entertaining enough. Which is more than can be said for the miserable exit from that miserable venue.

Saw Elvis Costello at the Jardins de Pedrables last night.He's still in great form for a 2 hour concert at 63.Saw his first show here (in Badalona) back in '79. Not that often I get to see anyone younger than me these days.:smile:

You would have liked it Rob.After all "what's so funny about peace ,love and understanding? "

Saw Elvis Costello at the Jardins de Pedrables last night.He's still in great form for a 2 hour concert at 63.Saw his first show here (in Badalona) back in '79. Not that often I get to see anyone younger than me these days.:smile:

You would have liked it Rob.After all "what's so funny about peace ,love and understanding? "

You must walk around blindfolded. Most people are. :hilarious: :winking:

Back