• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Hooper

can see him scoring against us, loved to have seen him bang a few more past Leeds

He is just one of them players that does well for evry team apart from us

Just one of those things I am afraid, he was given plenty of chances but just couldn't do it for us.

Just one of those things I am afraid, he was given plenty of chances but just couldn't do it for us.

I don't think he had that many chances. He's a kid and you can't just stick someone like him in the team and expect him to deliver. He needed a show of confidence in him.

Tilly clearly never really rated him and I think it will come back to haunt him. Hooper is a very, very good player who will score a lot of goals.

I don't think he had that many chances. He's a kid and you can't just stick someone like him in the team and expect him to deliver. He needed a show of confidence in him.

Tilly clearly never really rated him and I think it will come back to haunt him. Hooper is a very, very good player who will score a lot of goals.

Personally I just thought he was never given the right chances, he was given quite a few though. He obviously never did much training work with Gower because of the number of times Gower would "place" a ball for him and he'd have misread it, and he was so often put in with a strike partner who just was of no benefit to him. Always maintained he had the skill, just never fitted in with our team. Good luck to him, I hope he does well.

To the original post though, I thought Kandol got the first L1 goal? Or is it supposed to mean by a Southend past or present player?

Personally I just thought he was never given the right chances, he was given quite a few though. He obviously never did much training work with Gower because of the number of times Gower would "place" a ball for him and he'd have misread it, and he was so often put in with a strike partner who just was of no benefit to him. Always maintained he had the skill, just never fitted in with our team. Good luck to him, I hope he does well.

To the original post though, I thought Kandol got the first L1 goal? Or is it supposed to mean by a Southend past or present player?

The Leeds game had an early kick-off, so whoever scored first would have got the first goal of the season.

Back