• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

southchurch

Manager⭐
And this is why-

Torquay have to play Wimbledon away (who managed a draw away with Crawley , so not a walk over)
Then crew who are in 8th and must win games to get in play offs. Then Hereford away who will have to win to have any chance of staying up.

Crawley ok I am clutching at straws here but they seem to be wobling slightly. Loss of manager and ill dicipline on the pitch. So hoping they lose at least 2 of the last 4 games.

We can still achieve 83 points. Even if we go into the last game at home with a mathmatical chance of going up , I would take that. :loyalsupporter:

Even I'm struggling to be honest (LOL), but yep, it's not over till the fat lady sings, can see our GD helping us if some madness was to happen, but let's win the rest of the games, take some good form into the p-offs or somehow magically steal the 3rd place, but it will be madness if the others were to muck it up at this stage!

We are finishing in the play offs. Nothing wrong with optimism,but blind optimism flying in the face of common sense and hard facts doenst get you anywhere.

Even beating Torquay would have left us with only a slim hope, getting a draw (a good result in itself) means we will not make the autos.

Firstly we need to win 3 in a row, which we havent done since November.

Torquay need 4 points out of 9. They are playing Wimbledon who havent won in 4 games and Hereford who havent won in 7. They will get 4 points out of those two alone. Shrewsbury only need one win out of four games and as they have won 5 out of 6 games they will do that easily.

As I said the other day what we need to focus now on is preparing mentally for the play offs and putting together some decent performances so we can go in with some self belief.

We simply now need to focus on making sure we finish either 4th or 5th (which I believe we will). Either of these positions gives us a good chance of reaching Wembley, firstly because we will be playing a side lower in the table over 2 legs and secondly because we'll have the advantage of having the home leg second. Personally I favour 5th as it's likely we'll face Cheltenham, the form they've been in I fancy us over 2 legs.

Hopefully Crawley will win their game in hand and go on to nab that 3rd spot, that would be better for us than facing them at any stage in the play-offs.

* Nothing wrong with optimism but it's time to accept that automatic promotion is GONE. *

Love the optimism, but we will finish 5th & play & get past Cheltenham in the play-off semi's, with either Torquay or Crawley in the final.

Love the optimism and honestly hope you are right, but even the Manager is beginning to settle for the play offs. IMHO the points dropped earlier in the season just after our unbeaten run have cost us dear and auto would have been sealed by now. However, what has happened is no lnoger relevant and we must hit the ground in the Play Offs running.

All hands to the pump please and begin a Get behind the Blues for Promotion campaign.

Im sure we will beat torquay at wembley. Autos are only a dream now !

My money is on Torquay and Shrewsbury to go up now.

Hopefully Crawley will be in a bit of a mess after Evans left, Cheltenham havent been in great form either.

I honestly think that 3rd place is up for grabs, what I saw at Torquay does nothing to convince me they will take it.

I honestly think that 3rd place is up for grabs, what I saw at Torquay does nothing to convince me they will take it.

Not by us it isn't. Too far behind. Crawley will take it, 4 easy games left with teams with nothing to play for. We need to concentrate on getting those two points to make the playoffs assured and hope the the positive, pre-Christmas Southend turn up rather than the one that falls apart and gets battered.

Up for grabs possibly, but not for us. They only need 4 points out of 9 and thats us dead and buried and even then we would need to beat Oxford.

Torquay may slip up enough for Crawley to catch them but I dont see us having a chance.

Back