• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Billericay Town

Financial rules and regs have been tightened-up in the last couple of seasons for clubs at Conf level - National, South and North - now have to submit financials to their respective leagues on a regular basis, believe its quarterly also a pre-season projection.

FGR's annual turnover doesn't appear to include monies pumped in by DV to date. No doubt he'll address that in order to obgtain / maintain as high a wage-cap as possible for FL2.

Bournemouth broke the FFP rules two seasons in a row, the second time in gaining promotion to the Prem resulted in a £7.6m fine. I reckon a revoking of their promotion would have had greater impact and sent out a stronger message.
Think your right about Bournemouth ,that 7.6m fine was small compared to the monetary gains from playing in the premiership..So the fine really was petty.

Bournemouth's wage bill of £30.4m was way over the £12.9m turnover, they made a loss of £38m that season. Smashed the FPP rules and regs out of sight which they knew they were doing being a second time offence. The fine was just a cop-out by the footballing hierarchy, it allowed cheats to prosper.

I reckon they may get a few in at the start of the season, most out of curiosity, but it wont be sustainable

Looking at the odds, they are now 2/5 to win the title! You can get 16/1 on Dulwich Hamlet and 20/1 on Margate, who both must be in with a shout, especially when most teams will be 'up for it' against Billericay, who will also be under pressure not to fail.

Dulwich are actually 20/1 with 365 now and Billericay 1/2. Speaking with guys I know who play and manage at that level they think Dulwich are a great ew bet 1/3 the odds for top 2 places. Apparently they have a great team. When I was thinking about lumping on Billericay I was advised to cover it with a small bet on Dulwich too. Every game Billericay play the opposition will be treating it like a cup final, they are bound to drop a few points.

at the risk of being positive, isn't it a good thing he's putting money in to the infrastructure of the club rather than just the playing staff?
don't get me wrong, i've heard this song before and I've seen it end in tears before and it likely will again, but if he's improving stuff like the stadium and training facilities then that's a good thing.
It would be great to have all sorts of clubs in Essex, especially south Essex, doing well, but i'm not holding my breath that he'll still be involved in a few years time

All fine and dandy if he stays and keeps funding everything. Once the novelty factor wears off and he realises a charge up the leagues isn't as viable or easy as he seems to believe and decides to walk away, the gates will drop back down to there usual 350 or so and there just won't be the income to maintain said facilities plus a highly paid squad of contracted players. If he was really that (genuinely) interested in BTFC he would have stepped in several years ago or even back in the days to when Rod Moore was chairman.

He's already told the faithful few (plus the hundreds of newbies) hes expects a 2,500 minimum every home game to 'make it work'.....

the Billericay friendly v the young Westham team Tuesday night had a record crown of 4,600 i would expect there to be 1,500 at least for the first home league game this coming saturday although i will be at the AFC Hornchurch Soham game

4,600 on a friendly?! Whether it will last or not is up for debate. But that's an encouraging sign...

There has always been a lot of West Ham fans in Billericay. ...

Seeing our friendlies v West Ham in pre seasons a lot in Southend as well :smile:

Do agree post 71, can see another Hornchurch and the true supporters get shafted. My neighbour is a life long Billericay supporter and agrees the work he has done at the club is amazing re toilets and bar, but at what cost in three or four years time

The days of a Wimbledon rising from the non league through graft have now gone, to day the Billy Big Balls with money lead the way, off topic re Billericay just wonder how Salford will get on and how long Scholes, Giggs,Neville will continue if stuck in lower leagues

Seeing our friendlies v West Ham in pre seasons a lot in Southend as well :smile:

Do agree post 71, can see another Hornchurch and the true supporters get shafted. My neighbour is a life long Billericay supporter and agrees the work he has done at the club is amazing re toilets and bar, but at what cost in three or four years time

The days of a Wimbledon rising from the non league through graft have now gone, to day the Billy Big Balls with money lead the way, off topic re Billericay just wonder how Salford will get on and how long Scholes, Giggs,Neville will continue if stuck in lower leagues

I'm not convinced Tamplin will stick around, if you look at his twitter the guy seems unstable and does not take any criticism well at all. Most people would realise that comes with the territory and ignore it but he bites all the time. I can really see him getting the hump if he isn't appreciated enough and throwing his toys out the pram by walking away.

Salford seem really well run with a long term plan, they aren't throwing massive money at it like Billericay and I believe those guys are there for the long haul.

I'm not convinced Tamplin will stick around, if you look at his twitter the guy seems unstable and does not take any criticism well at all. Most people would realise that comes with the territory and ignore it but he bites all the time. I can really see him getting the hump if he isn't appreciated enough and throwing his toys out the pram by walking away.

Salford seem really well run with a long term plan, they aren't throwing massive money at it like Billericay and I believe those guys are there for the long haul.

For a start I'd wager the likes of the Nevilles, Scholes, Giggs and Butt not only have far deeper pockets than Tamplin, but also access to people with far larger pockets still. They've also gone about things the right way - they've managed to tempt people to Salford because of their reputations and while they've certainly spent bigger than Salford have historically, they're not anywhere near as extravagant as Billericay have been.

That's not to say the Class of '92 stuff has been ideal - particularly for other clubs in the Manchester area that've fallen foul of it - but it's certainly a more ethical practice than what Tamplin's up to.

Whilst the new and improved facilities are of great benefit to the club and fans, unfortunately Tamplin's ego is an over-riding entity and he pays little heed to anyone. The big signings last season, Konchesky and O'Hara, didn't exactly shine against some of the smaller-funded teams though his pre-season additions should help make up for the shortcomings
of those two players. Most players want to be on the pitch for as many games as possible, GT signed several lads on big money contracts who it seems could be earning their dosh through bench warming.
I'm expecting Ricay to be involved in several high-scoring matches during the season with the occasional dismal flop, how GT reacts to a loss or two could be rather interesting to say the least. No doubt the BTFC publicity bandwagon will be in top gear over the coming months.

Much prefer how Salford have gone about their business, they were close to promotion last season. Their renowned backers know the game and likely have good local contacts rather than having to resort to the wads-of-cash waving method for attracting players. Every year the Conference leagues (notably National and North) get tougher and tougher as FCUM found last season when they were expected to be front-runners. If GT believes he can buy his way up through the leagues he's in
for a surprise.

ive followed hornchurch for years and cant beat a saturday afternoon at bridge avenue always good banter in what is now a well run club with no debts and a very good youth system being bulit , when we had the money years of karl williams the only problems was he has had no money and everything was on the never never it has taken several years to finally sort the mess out . with GT he is suppose to be a multi millionaire and with the amount on money he spends on sports cars etc it seems so he also has a new investor who has bought 10% of the club so there is more money coming in to the club what ever happens with the club it will be interesting along with the plans with basildon council to re build the stadium to 5,000 seats and 3,000 standing

Uncle Urchin and crew utilised the old 'robbing Peter to pay Paul' method of creative accounting, money initially emanated from many good folk who paid for windows....but never got them. Another chap that couldn't see past his own inflated ego. Histon also chased the big dream but have ended-up in the Eastern Counties Prem (Thurlow Nunn).

Basildon council may well hold the key to 'Ricay's long-term future. Why would GT need a new investor or require such high
home gates if he has so much spare money available to spend?

One thing which aggravates me is this 'love' he claims to have for the club... The only reason he bought Billericay was because the deal to buy Dagenham fell through.

The Class of '92 only own 50% of the club. Although I don't doubt their individual net worth will be great than GT, Peter Lim is the real wealth behind that venture. Did anyone know they've re-signed Jack Redshaw? A lot of us would've liked to sign him a few seasons ago.

Back