• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Anyone wanting an antidote to fear-of-the-drop may be interested to know that if we win tonight we should be closer in points to the playoffs than to the drop. 48 points is currently 10 (or 9 with GD) clear of the drop, and 6 (or 7) shy of the playoffs. If Peterborough win at Bury the playoff gap does worsen. Even so, and taking our ugly goal difference into account, a win for us tonight puts us 9 points away in either direction from clubs currently in the danger and salivation zones. UTB.

You're obviously drooling over that statistic !

What is the point in this post? There is more chance of playoffs then relegation!! We have taken 10 points from the last 15 is that relegation form? I just dont get the negativity !! Think positive and upwards

Safety first. After the Walsall drubbing & the rubbish served up on Saturday nothing is assured.

What is the point in this post? There is more chance of playoffs then relegation!! We have taken 10 points from the last 15 is that relegation form? I just dont get the negativity !! Think positive and upwards

The point of this post is that I was interested in what points we could need to remain in FL1 so I asked the question. The good thing about the Zone is that you can post something like this and some posters will want to join in. Another good thing about the Zone is that we don't have to get too precious about negativity, or for that matter, positivity. there ya go, now you know.:smiles:

This league is pretty poor. 50 points will probably be safe. 52 is the usual benchmark.

I think we can finally write Bury off.

MK Dons won tonight, but obviously Rochdale and Blackpool haven't helped their causes.

All in all, not a bad night's work.

Just another 2 wins and 2 draws from the 10 remaining games should be enough.

I think we can finally write Bury off.

MK Dons won tonight, but obviously Rochdale and Blackpool haven't helped their causes.

All in all, not a bad night's work.

Just another 2 wins and 2 draws from the 10 remaining games should be enough.

I thought Blackpool won 1-0 ? I reckon we just need 2 wins now. 52 points should be adequate.

3 wins from the last 10, 55 points for me!!

We haven't won in 4 now, so hoping the next win can come soon! I think we will just creep over the line...

I thought Blackpool won 1-0 ? I reckon we just need 2 wins now. 52 points should be adequate.

Blimey, how late was that goal. It saw it was 0-0 at about 9.45pm so I assumed it was a result.

I stand corrected. MO.

Last edited:
Our two wins should come against Oxford whose form is dreadful at the moment and MK franchise although they won last night. I can't see us getting a point against Plymouth, Blackburn or Rotherham so if we fail to beat Gillingham I think we may still be in for a nail biting time. A win at Blackpool would help, but a draw seems more likely. If we still need points for safety going into our last two matches, both away from home.........

Our two wins should come against Oxford whose form is dreadful at the moment and MK franchise although they won last night. I can't see us getting a point against Plymouth, Blackburn or Rotherham so if we fail to beat Gillingham I think we may still be in for a nail biting time. A win at Blackpool would help, but a draw seems more likely. If we still need points for safety going into our last two matches, both away from home.........

Knowing Southend our two wins will come against Blackburn and Plymouth.

Going into the Walsall game people would have been expecting a good points return from the next four - we're three games into that run and have picked up two points.

I really don't understand why anyone can think we have a shot of the playoffs. This is a deeply average side, Powell has done well to get them playing out of their skin for the first few games but human nature (and results) suggest they will slowly return to the mean. To get in the playoffs, we'll probably need 74 points. This is 9 wins and 1 draw from the next 10. Anyone who thinks this side (without a goal in three games) is capable of that is, I respectfully suggest, on glue.

Anyone who thinks this side (without a goal in three games) is capable of that is, I respectfully suggest, on glue.

They are bound to become unstuck.

(See what I did there?)

Our record under SCP so far is that all the sides we've played above us we've beaten and all the sides below us we have either lost of drawn against, so as 'Jai' says, we'll probably pick up the points at the places we'll least be expected to.

Our record under SCP so far is that all the sides we've played above us we've beaten and all the sides below us we have either lost of drawn against, so as 'Jai' says, we'll probably pick up the points at the places we'll least be expected to.

I think it was the new manager effect, then the postponment of the Oldham game and the fact that none of the players expected or wanted the Walsall match killed the momentum that we built up.

1 point more than the bottom 4 (unless we get technical with goal difference etc)

52 points feels safe for me

52 points should be enough.I think we were relegated out of the 3rd tier in 1989 on 54 points but that is very rare I think

Back