• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Maldon Shrimper

First XI⭐
Is it me or are we not getting a few idiots attending at the hall over the last few games.Like running on the pitch and on Saturday letting off flares.Also i witnessed a few trying to climb over the gates to get at the Gillingham fans.If this carries on the club will receive a penalty can we really afford that.

So come on lads act sensibility or dont bother coming

I believe it was a smoke device rather than a flare . HOWEVER IT IS JUST AS STUPID.

Please grow up and realise times change and what used to be acceptable is not now.

The club will ultimately suffer (after Saturdays inept performance is that a bad thing. mmmmm ) so please behave.

Is it me or are we not getting a few idiots attending at the hall over the last few games.Like running on the pitch and on Saturday letting off flares.Also i witnessed a few trying to climb over the gates to get at the Gillingham fans.If this carries on the club will receive a penalty can we really afford that.

So come on lads act sensibility or dont bother coming

I'm not condoning the actions but the club ask for it with their embarrassing stewarding. No one checks a ticket or a bag. No searching is done. You could take in something a lot more dangerous than a smoke bomb

In the social media era we are in where it's so easy for a photo and a video to spread then word is gonna get out amongst fans of other league one clubs and will come here to take the **** because we let them away with it.

I'm not condoning the actions but the club ask for it with their embarrassing stewarding. No one checks a ticket or a bag. No searching is done. You could take in something a lot more dangerous than a smoke bomb

In the social media era we are in where it's so easy for a photo and a video to spread then word is gonna get out amongst fans of other league one clubs and will come here to take the **** because we let them away with it.

Searching was done for the away fans, one of them was arrested for bringing a flare whilst we walked past, they were being thoroughly searched.

Club treating its own fans with a little bit of respect and trust is embarrassing ? No the way we are treated is exactly how games should be stewarded, we shouldn't have to be searched to stop this happening, but its going to have to start happening because of a few who want to be "ultras" whatever that is.

Id suggest anyone going into the Blue Voice is searched but as they can get in there from anywhere in the West I assume the whole stand will have to be, causing extra cost hassle and delay. Sigh.

Searching was done for the away fans, one of them was arrested for bringing a flare whilst we walked past, they were being thoroughly searched.

Club treating its own fans with a little bit of respect and trust is embarrassing ? No the way we are treated is exactly how games should be stewarded, we shouldn't have to be searched to stop this happening, but its going to have to start happening because of a few who want to be "ultras" whatever that is.

Id suggest anyone going into the Blue Voice is searched but as they can get in there from anywhere in the West I assume the whole stand will have to be, causing extra cost hassle and delay. Sigh.

This. If the club started searches and spot checks there'd be ample posts on here bemoaning infringements of civil liberties and the fact people missed the first 10 minutes because they rocked up at 2:58 expecting to waltz straight in.

It's not rocket science lads. We've been warned multiple times over this and the Football League would be well within its rights to throw the book at us here. If you think you're treated like animals at away games, consider what it'll be like if everyone's treated like that at Roots Hall for a season.

This. If the club started searches and spot checks there'd be ample posts on here bemoaning infringements of civil liberties and the fact people missed the first 10 minutes because they rocked up at 2:58 expecting to waltz straight in.

It's not rocket science lads. We've been warned multiple times over this and the Football League would be well within its rights to throw the book at us here. If you think you're treated like animals at away games, consider what it'll be like if everyone's treated like that at Roots Hall for a season.

Isnt it? Flares pretty close to rockets ? :smile:

Can't have been searched that thoroughly, they set of a couple of smoke bombs before kick off.

Can't have been searched that thoroughly, they set of a couple of smoke bombs before kick off.

As I walked past they were being thoroughly searched and the Gills fan standing there in handcuffs was a result of it, but to stop anything getting in is going to be hard though and if it keeps happening the searches will just get worse.

The CCTV is digital clear nowadays at The Hall, so the smoke bomb lad will be highlighted. It's silly doing stuff like that and climbing over barriers to get at away fans(mostly bluff anyway), because they're seen clear as day on the monitors and it's not worth a ban.

The CCTV is digital clear nowadays at The Hall, so the smoke bomb lad will be highlighted. It's silly doing stuff like that and climbing over barriers to get at away fans(mostly bluff anyway), because they're seen clear as day on the monitors and it's not worth a ban.

Hope he is but one of stewards approached my partner and said on cctv it looks like it was her as the lad was very short, no older then 12/13 id say and we was right behind him. Obviously he moved to another part of the stand straight after he'd dropped it.

The W block is a disgrace to the club

Without W block roots hall would be a library. So many happy to sit on their hands all game.

Maybe go and watch cricket or golf. Atmosphere is a special part of the match. Maybe try generating one some time.

Ps one muppet with a smoke bomb doest make a stand.

Pps I did see stewards taking someone out

Genuine question here. Are English flares more dangerous than those used abroad? I've sat in a stand where there were flares (loads) going off getting lobbed pitchside and dealt with by the stewards with no real drama.

Actually created a better atmosphere. I'm also asthmatic and I'm still breathing fine.

Genuine question here. Are English flares more dangerous than those used abroad? I've sat in a stand where there were flares (loads) going off getting lobbed pitchside and dealt with by the stewards with no real drama.

Actually created a better atmosphere. I'm also asthmatic and I'm still breathing fine.

I'd imagine they'd be the same. However I would have thought our Health & Safety regs are far stricter that countries like Poland or Italy, and quite righly so. Do we want another Bradford?

Hardly ever see flares at English grounds, only the smoke bombs and no they are nothing like the ones abroad https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxo8ACdI7Vc

I don't think it's fair to blame the W block for the idiot fans we have. I love the work they do there and love hearing the noise coming from that area, it's only natural that these prats who think they are in a football hooligan film will want to be in the noisiest area of the ground, I think we should focus on the individuals rather than the area as the blue voice IMO has been a massive success story. I'm not a big singer myself as I'm rubbish at multitasking and have trouble concentrating on the game and chants at the same time but do feel a sense of pride listening to those fans from my seat in the south upper.

I don't think it's fair to blame the W block for the idiot fans we have. I love the work they do there and love hearing the noise coming from that area, it's only natural that these prats who think they are in a football hooligan film will want to be in the noisiest area of the ground, I think we should focus on the individuals rather than the area as the blue voice IMO has been a massive success story. I'm not a big singer myself as I'm rubbish at multitasking and have trouble concentrating on the game and chants at the same time but do feel a sense of pride listening to those fans from my seat in the south upper.

Good post and I agree that W block do really help the atmosphere at RH. The big question though, the nobheads that do this lurk in that block and I understand that those around them are loath to offer them up to Security when a flare or smoke bomb gets let off. So how do we stop them consistently ignoring the fact that they are hurting the club? In times past the most effective way for a nuisance to be controlled in the West was by someone having a 'strong' word with them, normally without force being necessary. Little chance of that happening now maybe.

It would be a real shame if Southend suffered at the expense of a few.

Back