• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Brexit negotiations thread

I used to think that, then it was explained to me just how much was involved and what we as a nation stood to lose. And now I don't.

Shame others didn't listen. I really fear for the future after March 2019 I really do. I have a horrible feeling it's going to be carnage financially because the incumbent government are absolutely ****ing useless.

How I yearn for a country with a bit of back bone...

Anything else to add rather than some pointless snidey-arse comment? As it's the only ther future of 60 million people at stake here after all, what with their jobs, houses, pensions, welfare etc etc. They're not all going to be saved by closing your eyes, waving a Union Jack and humming Rule Britannia and expecting David ****ing Davis to sort it all out.

It does make me laugh that every day somebody on the Tele or radio calls for a new referendum on Brexit. A, because the vote didn't go their way. B, because the vote would probably go their way in a new vote.

You buy a pair of shoes on line. The publicity had promised easiness to put on, fully waterproof, extreme comfort on negotiating all types of ground, hard wearing..........a walking sensation!
When they arrive you take them out of the box and immediately see that the colour is not quite the same as you perceived on the computer screen and then you find lacing them up a little more complicated than you expected. You shrug off these little inconveniences. However the real problems start to arise on wearing them. They're fine in a shower but in a prolonged downpour you find them not as waterfroof as the advertisement had announced. Going up hill they are fine but downhill they feel a little uncomfortable. The thought crosses your mind that, perhaps you should have ordered the next size up. You persevere but things get more complicated. Now, walking anything more than a short distance starts to be come uncomfortable and worse, they are already starting to show early signs of wear after only a week. You begin to regret that, so very confortable, old pair of shoes you had given to the charity shop. They may have looked old and they had their faults but they were so strong, stable and confortable.
What to do?..........well, you have two options. Firstly, you consider these shoes didn't live up to the hype and they are not going to improve with age (perhaps next time I'll buy my shoes from a local shop!), you put them in the box and send them back, either asking for an exchange or for a refund. Secondly, you look at them and say to yourself, "well, they're not quite what I hoped for but they really don't look as bad as all that. I'm sure the leather will stretch, they'll become more confortable in time and with a bit of tinted polish the colour will change a bit. Anyway, I made my decision to buy them and that's that." TSNB, I wonder which option you would choose? :smile:

First and last time I will contribute to this debate but we need a second referendum because we simply need to stay in the EU. If the people advocating that we leave had spelled out what that might mean at the beginning we wouldn't be in the s**t, like we well and truly are, now. The country consuming itself from within while the clock keeps ticking. Not a credible top team at the ballot box, for either of the main parties, a government and PM propped up by a minor party with, let's say, a niche set of values, a rise in (unhelpful at best) nationalism and most importantly a realisation (too late), that the blaming of Europe on this country's so called 'ills' over the last 40 years by politicians of all parties, and the all too quick acceptance (wrongly IMO by half the population) of same has come back to bite us all, squarely on the arse. If anybody still thinks that this country is going to be better off OVERALL outside the EU - and that it is frankly going to be a nicer place to live- all I would say is I think they are going to be VERY disappointed. David Davis, Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson and co will ultimately be seen in the history books, as no more than second-rate opportunists who were seriously bad for this country's financial and social health. The people who voted for what they advocated unfortunately - and I genuinely don't mean this disrespectfully - as 'turkeys voting for Christmas.'

And now you're doing it. Everyday someone says this, but it can't and won't happen.

Anything else to add rather than some pointless snidey-arse comment? As it's the only ther future of 60 million people at stake here after all, what with their jobs, houses, pensions, welfare etc etc. They're not all going to be saved by closing your eyes, waving a Union Jack and humming Rule Britannia and expecting David ****ing Davis to sort it all out.

You're becoming increasingly boring - wind your neck in, you wouldn't say it to me in the street so don't hide behind a key board.

Today far right extremist Jack Renshaw has admitted to plotting to murder Labour MP Rosie Cooper.

Also today there are a number of votes in Parliament on Brexit as the government have decided that all of the Lords amendments and Commons amendments will be rushed through (i.e. voted down without proper debate) in one day.

This has again led to certain newspapers using the language of betrayal and traitors in relation to our elected MPs having a say on our laws. Seems they learned nothing from the murder of Jo Cox and their part in creating an atmosphere where those extreme reactions fester.

Express 'IGNORE THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE AT YOUR PERIL'

The Sun 'GREAT BRITAIN OR GREAT BETRAYAL'

Today far right extremist Jack Renshaw has admitted to plotting to murder Labour MP Rosie Cooper.

Also today there are a number of votes in Parliament on Brexit as the government have decided that all of the Lords amendments and Commons amendments will be rushed through (i.e. voted down without proper debate) in one day.

This has again led to certain newspapers using the language of betrayal and traitors in relation to our elected MPs having a say on our laws. Seems they learned nothing from the murder of Jo Cox and their part in creating an atmosphere where those extreme reactions fester.

Express 'IGNORE THE WILL OF THE PEOPLE AT YOUR PERIL'

The Sun 'GREAT BRITAIN OR GREAT BETRAYAL'

I remember the IRA did murder some Tories in Brighton. Corbyn and Livingstone welcomed them into Westminster a few months later.

Excellent news. Cars being one the biggest trade deficits with the EU, the harsher the sanctions the better for us. ,

Seeing as in the near future all cars will be electric or similar we could jump ahead of the EU. We wont have to worry about competition rules and could pump billions into a new and massive global industry. Here's an idea for Labour, whilst the rest of the EU drags its feet because the German car industry call the shots. We could be the first to go green and create thousands of jobs in the forgotten North. We could recruit the worlds best people for the job.

We have the world at our feet if only you could see it.

How will harsh sanctions help our car industry that you want to pump billions into?

How are we going to sell cars to our largest market if they don't meet the EU's safety requirements?

Would it be better for our car industry if we were involved in setting those safety requirements, by far example being part of a single market with common standards, thereby reducing compliance costs for UK companies seeking to export to their nearest export market?

How are we going to source the necessary expertise whilst operating a hostile immigration policy?

How are we going to produce these cars without reliable supply chains that bring in the parts/raw materials not available in this country?

What competition requirements are holding back the UK car industry?

How are "we" going to fund these thousands jobs? Are you suggesting reviving British Leyland or are you wanting to subsidise the profits of foreign car manufacturers?

And when are those Germany car manufacturers that you blindly believe will rescue us, going to come to our rescue?

How I yearn for a country with a bit of back bone...

Same here. If only people and our politicians could stand up for themselves instead of hiding behind and blaming the EU or a very narrow vote two years ago.

Sinn Féin was (and still is) certaintly the political wing of the IRA.Your other comments are just plain wrong.

Your support for the IRA is born out of total ignorance and a desperate desire to have a 'cool' cause to support in your 70's uni days.

Back