• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Essex CCC 2017

Lancashire all out for 133. :thumbsup: (202 runs behind) And Somerset enforce the follow on.

Essex pick up their 4th batting bonus. :thumbsup:

Turning out to be a good afternoon this.

Superb day, again.

Someone needs to explain to Matt Floyd that we can't win the title in this match if Lancs draw. Only if they lose!

All in all, though, we are almost there.

Can see us running through them pretty quickly tomorrow.

Superb day, again.

Someone needs to explain to Matt Floyd that we can't win the title in this match if Lancs draw. Only if they lose!

All in all, though, we are almost there.

Can see us running through them pretty quickly tomorrow.

I thought we could still win the title even if the Lancs game ends in a draw.

We are currently on 193 points (with the latest bonuses) a win against Warwickshire will bring us up to a total of 209 points.

Lancs are currently on 153 points (with the latest bonuses) a draw against Somerset will bring them up to 158 points. Assuming we win & they draw, we would have a 51 point lead over them.

Lancashire's last two games can only provide them with a maximum of another 48 points. meaning that they could only finish at best on 206 points.

So effectively we could afford to lose both our 2 remaining matches against Hampshire & Yorkshire, without picking up any batting or bowling points, and still be 3 points clear.

Last edited:
I am loving this. I remember before the start of the season I picked us to win it but didn't put any money on.

It will be bloody freezing at our last home game but I will be there at least one day, terrible work from ECB that all our matches are during the week so I'll have to get time off work

I thought we could still win the title even if the Lancs game ends in a draw.

We are currently on 193 points (with the latest bonuses) a win against Warwickshire will bring us up to a total of 209 points.

Lancs are currently on 153 points (with the latest bonuses) a draw against Somerset will bring them up to 158 points. Assuming we win & they draw, we would have a 51 point lead over them.

Lancashire's last two games can only provide them with a maximum of another 48 points. meaning that they could only finish at best on 206 points.

So effectively we could afford to lose both our 2 remaining matches against Hampshire & Yorkshire, without picking up any batting or bowling points, and still be 3 points clear.

Even iff they tie, they'd be 48 points behind (assuming we win) so i think we'd still finish first on most wins

Yeah that's correct. Although in this case highly unlikely it will end in a tie.

Warks currently 28-4 with 2 wickets for Cook now :happy: :happy:

Even iff they tie, they'd be 48 points behind (assuming we win) so i think we'd still finish first on most wins

I was working on a tie, as well, but I make you right, that the title is ours if we win.

Note to SKY : Have a word with the camera operator. Keeps missing the catches, for some reason.

Back