• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I was expecting Crawley to win that one. However I dont expect them to get any points V Dagenham or Acrington.
So still not giving up. Ofcourse there is the little matter of us winning all our games. :unsure:

If we win Friday puts a bit of pressure on Crawley and Torquay, still thinks its very unlikely but you can get strange results at this time of the season. We may have a chance of nicking 4th from Torquay given our superior GD.

I honestly think that 3rd place is up for grabs, what I saw at Torquay does nothing to convince me they will take it.

Whether we think it is likely or not, whilst automatic promotion is still a mathematical possibility we shouldn't give up. We would kick ourselves should Crawley and Torquay slip up, and we don't take advantage.

We certainly would. Do you think there is any realistic chance that neither team will pick up 4 points out their last 3 games though?
No. The girlfriend's social arrangements for parts of May have been vetoed already.

I was expecting Crawley to win that one. However I dont expect them to get any points V Dagenham or Acrington.
So still not giving up. Ofcourse there is the little matter of us winning all our games. :unsure:

Crawley havent lost a game in god knows how long, dont see them losing two out of three now.

Daggers are in decent form and Accrington are ok at home, but even if they were to lose them they have to play hereford and cant see them failing to pick up 3 points at home. Lets face it they will get 4 points out of those 3 games. Whether they finish above Torquay is another matter.

And this is why-

Torquay have to play Wimbledon away (who managed a draw away with Crawley , so not a walk over)
Then crew who are in 8th and must win games to get in play offs. Then Hereford away who will have to win to have any chance of staying up.

Crawley ok I am clutching at straws here but they seem to be wobling slightly. Loss of manager and ill dicipline on the pitch. So hoping they lose at least 2 of the last 4 games.

We can still achieve 83 points. Even if we go into the last game at home with a mathmatical chance of going up , I would take that. :loyalsupporter:

And I quote:

"What people believe prevails over the truth." - Sophocles

4th or 5th needs to be the target, so we get the 2nd leg at home.

Nothing else matters.

I will book time off work to go to the away leg of the playoffs (if required).

There are some people who live in a dream world,
and there are some who face reality; and then there
are those who turn one into the other....Douglas H. Everett.

‘If you want the rainbow, you’ve gotta put up with the rain."

- Dolly Parton (and some people say she's just a big pair of....)

It feels so good to be right and now I think we not only have hope but are favourite to go up.
humble pie from any one ???

It feels so good to be right and now I think we not only have hope but are favourite to go up.

id still pick crawley to go up but only just, next week isgoing to be brilliant whatever happens, the drama, the what ifs everyone ignoring the game on the pitch and glued to mobiles hunting for the other games, woooooooooooooooooooo

I admire your optimism but we are still 3rd favourites to go up IMO as we still need 3 results to fall our way ..

There are 27 different permutations of next weekends results and only 5 of them will see us promoted .. so we have about an 18% hope whereas Creepy have 52% and Torquay 30%

I had always thought that Hereford would do well against Crawley, drawing or beating them. BUT I had hoped that Crewe would beat Torquay - they should have done, having missed a penalty this afternoon. Next Saturday we will beat Macclesfield, Accrington Stanley will beat Crawley BUT I'm worried that Torquay will beat Hereford. Torquay looked a lot better today than they did a fortnight ago against us - maybe this was because Crewe allowed them to look better. We've just got to hope that nerves get the better of them. However a friend who is a neutral observer has just texted me to say that he thinks Southend are now the favourites to clinch third place, and I guess he is right.......

Back