• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

I guess the extended highlights last week were just because we played Blackburn. Then again we probably don't want to see any more than this.

Jeez that was worse than I was expecting. Defenders and midfielders just nowhere near

Ferdinand didn't move on two of them.

Can't do anything about the third, just a good goal

Goal highlights. Don't click the link RHB, just don't do it you know you'll be upset.......................Oh **** that was just awful, I should have listened to me.

Looked like a non contact game so many tackles avoided .Thought the team were supposed to be very close as a unit,but look like a lot of individuals who are not bothered on that showing

I think having a midfield might have helped.

We've dumped our only decent defensive midfielder in Atkinson, yet expect an easy win?! Both full backs can't defend, yet we're surprised at a pasting? PB - earn your corn now mate, need a win to restore some faith!

We've dumped our only decent defensive midfielder in Atkinson, yet expect an easy win?! Both full backs can't defend, yet we're surprised at a pasting? PB - earn your corn now mate, need a win to restore some faith!
You know that Leonard is still with us, right?

I actually agree that although Atkinson was limited and I wasn't sad to see him leave, we probably do miss his industriousness on one flank to sure things up. I wasn't there but can imagine that McGlashan and Kightly leaves us a bit exposed and we were simply overrun. If Ranger gets back in a few weeks I wonder if we might play 451 a bit more with him as a sole striker. Cox and Fortune aren't going to play a full press and so we do run the risk of struggling to win the midfield battle, if up against a strong 4 or 5.

Fair point, perhaps I should have said wide defensive midfielders. We've got two full backs who struggle to defend and yet we have no defensive back up from wide in midfield:sad:

Back