• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

OldBlueLady

Junior Blues Coordinator⭐⭐
A good evening at the Arlington Rooms, well done to the new Commercial team on their organisation.

A very different regime to previous ones, players not allowed a drink - although I did see one or two having a glass of red!

Saw a few Zoners and regular TZers there and had a chat with some of them, chatted with some of the players too, including Sam Mantom, who was on our table - seems a nice bloke.

Ted was there with his arm in a sling so that shoulder is still being quite problematic.

A little bit of contract talk, know some have been offered, but do think there's definitely a clear out on the cards.

Players all on fine form although the setting and the no drinking meant they didn't hang about as long as they have done in previous years - some still had to drive quite a way to get home.

Players all on fine form although the setting and the no drinking meant they didn't hang about as long as they have done in previous years - some still had to drive quite a way to get home.

You sure it was only because of the non drinking?

A good evening at the Arlington Rooms, well done to the new Commercial team on their organisation.

A very different regime to previous ones, players not allowed a drink - although I did see one or two having a glass of red!

Saw a few Zoners and regular TZers there and had a chat with some of them, chatted with some of the players too, including Sam Mantom, who was on our table - seems a nice bloke.

Ted was there with his arm in a sling so that shoulder is still being quite problematic.

A little bit of contract talk, know some have been offered, but do think there's definitely a clear out on the cards.

Can you give more details?

This really worries me about Ted long term. He's never been a regular here yet he always seems to get a bad injury. I'm not so sure we could ever rely on him to be number 1

My mate went said it was a fabulous evening. He said Chrissy had time for everyone! Apparently Anton was wearing his granddads Mac?

My mate went said it was a fabulous evening. He said Chrissy had time for everyone! Apparently Anton was wearing his granddads Mac?

It was not a patch on MAF's outfit though:clap:

This really worries me about Ted long term. He's never been a regular here yet he always seems to get a bad injury. I'm not so sure we could ever rely on him to be number 1

Ted's arm was in a sling because he has just had a shoulder operation. They're hoping that it will fix the problem and that he will be back to normal for next season.

They would be crazy to let him go!

Listen, Ted's a Benfleet boy, he went to school with my boss's daughter in his class, he's an Academy lad and we should be rightfully proud. I just don't know if we can justify another contract when Nathan Bishop has done so well deputising. If Ted stays then he has to have a cheaper contract and go out on loan next year and play and then we look at a proper contract at the end.

Listen, Ted's a Benfleet boy, he went to school with my boss's daughter in his class, he's an Academy lad and we should be rightfully proud. I just don't know if we can justify another contract when Nathan Bishop has done so well deputising. If Ted stays then he has to have a cheaper contract and go out on loan next year and play and then we look at a proper contract at the end.

Why does he have to have a cheaper contract? I'd imagine he wouldn't be a high earner as it.

Why does he have to have a cheaper contract? I'd imagine he wouldn't be a high earner as it.

Totally agree, he obviously has a lot of talent otherwise he wouldn't have earned so many call ups for England youth teams. If we let him go he will be snapped up by another club and no doubt go on to be a success.

Ted should be given a contract for a year and loaned out to get game time. Bishop can be the back-up.

I would not be surprised to see Ladapo, Fortune, McGlashan, Klass and Hendrie all leaving.

I understand your viewpoint, and clearly we have had our share of injured players being acquired or kept, but Ted has proven to be more than an adequate first teamer between the sticks. As long as the injury does not impede his future progress then he should be kept. Bishop, who I know little of, is yet to have enough exposure to know just how good he will be. I hope we keep them both.

Totally agree, he obviously has a lot of talent otherwise he wouldn't have earned so many call ups for England youth teams. If we let him go he will be snapped up by another club and no doubt go on to be a success.

He is being kept. The club are going to look after and support him in his recovery.

Back