• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Massimo Giovanni

Old Timer⭐⭐
Last away game of the regular season.

And also, for this weekend, Last Chance Saloon as surely nothing other than a win will keep us in the race for the play offs.

I expect Ben Clarkson has been pulling double shifts and drafted in some emergency help; is the "no news is good news" saying right for the injuries?

If, all the squad are available what will PB select? My selection offering is;

Walton

White, Thommo, Anton, Coker

Atkinson, Leonard, Wordsworth

Robinson, Cox, Ranger

The Echo this morning quotes Phil as saying Coker should be fit for Shrewsbury. I'm reckoning Timlin will give way and then its a question of who is fit for midfield. I think we would be better served to play just the front two rather than a threesome.

I would not be surprised to see us and millwall lose again. This season like last is unfortunately a bridge too far.

I think the last few games ave proved that we are not quite there yet. Maybe in the summer we can improve again and have a real go at the top 2 next season.

All of that said. To be in with a chance of making the top 6 with just 2 games to go as progress again. In each year Phil Brown has been in charge we have improved.

Walton
Demetriou, Thompsn, Ferdinand, White
Atkinson, Wordsworth, Leonard, Timlin
Cox, Fortuné

McGlashan, Ranger and Robinson all waiting in the wings to come on and cause havoc.

Based on the state of fitness and form of what I saw on Monday, I would expect (assuming Coker is now available) :-

Walton

Demetriou Thompson White Coker

Atkinson Leonard Timlin McGlashan

Cox Fortune

Wordsworth, Ranger and Ferdinand on bench as hopefully near to full fitness (which they clearly were not on Monday), together with Amos, Hines, Robinson and O'Neill.

Our best team is undoubtedly as below :

Walton
Demitriou
Thompson
Ferdinand
Coker
Atkinson
Leonard
Wordsworth
McL
Cox
Ranger

If all are fit, then all should play.

Walton
Cox, Fortuné

McGlashan, Ranger and Robinson all waiting in the wings to come on and cause havoc.

This !

Bring on Robbo and Ranger for the last 30.

Walton
Cox, Fortuné

Didnt cause much havoc on monday. Other than fighting and pushing the MK dons players.

Walton

White Thompson Ferdinand Coker

Atkinson Leonard Wordsworth McGlashan

Cox Ranger

(if all fit obviously)

Nothing wrong with timlin But please not at full back .His head rules his heart and like a midfielder he goes forward in support of the attacking bit nothing wrong with that .But once up there he leaves his post at the back and leaves the defence wide open to the counter attack .

I think I'd go

Walton

Atkinson Leonard Wordsworth Timlin

Cox Fortune

Subs: Bexon, Demetriou, O'Neill, McLaughlin, McGlashan, Robinson, Ranger​

Not sure Demetriou, McLaughlin or Ranger have been good enough in the last few games and could do with benching.

I think I'd go

Walton

Atkinson Leonard Wordsworth Timlin

Cox Fortune

Subs: Bexon, Demetriou, O'Neill, McLaughlin, McGlashan, Robinson, Ranger​

Not sure Demetriou, McLaughlin or Ranger have been good enough in the last few games and could do with benching.

Not enough width, and virtually no pace in that selection.

Our best 11 players (when fit and firing) are:
Walton

Demitriou
Thompson
Ferdinand
Coker

Atkinson
Leonard
Wordsworth
McLaughlin

Cox
Ranger

I'd be ready to bring on Fortune, Robinson, McGlashan on at 70 minutes or so.

If I had to change anybody out because of fitness issues, I'd be looking for like-for-like changes if possible.

The Echo this morning quotes Phil as saying Coker should be fit for Shrewsbury. I'm reckoning Timlin will give way and then its a question of who is fit for midfield. I think we would be better served to play just the front two rather than a threesome.

I really do hope Coker is fit Saturday. I saw him on Monday before the MK Dons match, where he had a bag of ice strapped to his knee as he walked through the car park, it didn't look good. Hopefully a few days rest will sort it out.

Not enough width, and virtually no pace in that selection.

Our best 11 players (when fit and firing) are:
Walton

Demitriou
Thompson
Ferdinand
Coker

Atkinson
Leonard
Wordsworth
McLaughlin

Cox
Ranger

I'd be ready to bring on Fortune, Robinson, McGlashan on at 70 minutes or so.

If I had to change anybody out because of fitness issues, I'd be looking for like-for-like changes if possible.

I don't disagree with the comments or the fact that this is our strongest XI. The point I was making was with regards to the "fit and firing" issue. Of our (on paper) strongest XI, only one player was missing (Coker) and the ten that played certainly didn't look fit or firing! Hence my suggestion that we change it around a bit, maybe pick players who are not necessarily the best like-for-like player but are at least 100% fit and raring to go.

I agree about the lack of width, however McGlashan has rarely looked decent when he has started and Hines has rarely looked decent at all, so we're not exactly blessed with viable replacement options for McLaughlin and I think Timlin could do a job there and tuck in allowing Coker some more freedom to come forwards.

At the end of the day we have to trust Brown's judgement as to what he sees on the training ground Monday to Friday - we can only go on match day performances.

Back