• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Best refereeing I have ever seen at Roots Hall. This bloke could go far. No nonsense, played advantages well, saw everything, kept up with play and clapped off at the end. Highlights how few and far between decent refs are these days

Interesting how when i looked on the Wallsall forum they think he had a shocker and was giving us freekicks for no reason :hilarious:

Quote from their site:

'Referee 3 Walsall 2

Most one sided, biased referee I've ever seen I think. Appalling. Gave them free kicks for absolutely everything and allowed their players to get away with GBH. Oh well, it's only a game, eh?'

Also thought the ref had a good game, could have come down on them for time wasting a little more, and perhaps might have considered a penalty for a foul on Woody when he was flattened in the box but other than that no criticism whatsoever.

I agree with all the good stuff about the ref, he was top drawer today. As for the Walsall reaction, they must have been brassed off at losing a 2-0 lead so also having an unbiased ref must have been difficult for them. Shame.

Agree with the comments. Didn't notice him at all, how it should be

What everyone else said.

Excellent performance from the ref! :thumbsup:

Best refereeing I have ever seen at Roots Hall. This bloke could go far. No nonsense, played advantages well, saw everything, kept up with play and clapped off at the end. Highlights how few and far between decent refs are these days

Exactly what I said to my friends on the way home.

A pity that seeing as he slags refs off refs on a regular basis PB couldn't have mentioned his excellent performance during his post match interview.

Shame the Lino missed numerous foul throws in the 1st infront of the east stand! Top ref and obviously likes the gym!
Yeah, I heard someone shouting that. If it was you.... it is not the "only job" a lino has to do, and in fact, I'd suggest it is one I wouldn't want him to do. I'd rather he was looking for the push in the back or the offside from the flick on.

Anyway, best ref we've seen all season. By a country mile.

on an Admin note what was Coker booked for? It just said excess celebration on the BBC.

on an Admin note what was Coker booked for? It just said excess celebration on the BBC.

I think he jumped into the crowd to celebrate which is simple not allowed.

C7OckjoX4AAZuM4.jpg:large

Jumping on the wall in front of W block - "over celebration"!

I just hope the numpties who ventured onto the pitch at the same time haven't landed the club with another fine! :thumbdown:

The ref was summed by a little thing in injury time, Ted was taking his time over a goal kick, and the Walsall players were moaning at the ref, but he just pointed at the Walsall keeper. Nothing else needed :smile:

Thought he was very good :clap:

very pleased with the ref yesterday .He allowed some hard but fair tackles go where other refs would have has a field day with the yellow cards .He also allowed the game to flow where ever he could .Over all he scored 9 out of 10 for me .

The ref was summed by a little thing in injury time, Ted was taking his time over a goal kick, and the Walsall players were moaning at the ref, but he just pointed at the Walsall keeper. Nothing else needed :smile:

Thought he was very good :clap:

Like they were taking time at goalkicks and throws when 2-0 up!

Yeah, I heard someone shouting that. If it was you.... it is not the "only job" a lino has to do, and in fact, I'd suggest it is one I wouldn't want him to do. I'd rather he was looking for the push in the back or the offside from the flick on.

Anyway, best ref we've seen all season. By a country mile.

Of course, my comments are normally light-hearted and taken with a pinch of salt but In "that moment" that is his only job. The ref will/should position himself in a position where he can spot shoves in the back etc... we've had 2 lino's the last 2 home games who've missed repeated foul throw ins. If they can't get that right / it's not that important we may as well scrap that rule?!

Back