• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

2017 General Election thread

manor15

Super Moderator⭐⭐
Staff member
Quite the U-turn from her repeated denials...

Surely only one result here to give her her beloved mandate to pursue a hard Brexit?

Thread title changed. We'll need one for this and your thread seemed as good a place as any to start!

Interesting. Looks like *** will finally have a real result to deal with rather than his constant denial of the polling sites.

On the downside, this could see the end of Jezza and "real opposition" may rise from the ashes.

Any chance of trying not to ruin this thread with the usual bickering and nonsense that ruin most political threads on SZ. Maybe too much to ask, but let's give it a go eh?

And so it begins.....

Probably a sensible time while Labour continue to implode spectacularly with their un-electable leader and it will give her a clear mandate going forward.

I wonder if Duddridge might feel a little wobble in his support in Southend though following his backing for Southend A&E being downgraded - possibly Amess too?

Excellent - time for everyone who opposes the vile Tory party to get out there and make their voice heard. No one party can seize power from them, but if votes are spread wide enough then a coalition without the Tories might be possible. Here's hoping...

Excellent - time for everyone who opposes the vile Tory party to get out there and make their voice heard. No one party can seize power from them, but if votes are spread wide enough then a coalition without the Tories might be possible. Here's hoping...

I think the LDs can repair some 2010 damage if they go hard on a single message anti-Brexit campaign.

May is playing a dangerous hand here. If the 48% get out there (and obviously a lot of remainers are Tories) and vote against the Government she could find the Brexitting even trickier with more Labour & Lib Dem MPs out there.

Interesting. Looks like *** will finally have a real result to deal with rather than his constant denial of the polling sites.

On the downside, this could see the end of Jezza and "real opposition" may rise from the ashes.

As I said on another thread, even after the car crash that is about to happen I think he'll be too stubborn to step down.

Any chance of trying not to ruin this thread with the usual bickering and nonsense that ruin most political threads on SZ. Maybe too much to ask, but let's give it a go eh?

No. Absolutely no chance.

Not everyone. I hate the vile tory party, but I hate Corduroy and what he's done to the labour party more.

A very canny and strategic move on the PM's part. Time to either either put up or shut up as a couple of pundits have put it. Very cynical and opportunistic but that's politics. She'll finally have the mandate of the British people to hopefully deliver what she believes is possible with regards to Brexit. And let's not kid ourselves, this is all about Brexit and driving home those last few nails in Labours coffin as a viable political opposition.

JC will have his work cut out to even make a dent in her support and TF will be doing all he can to lobby and garner support from centrists within the Labour ranks who just know in their heart of hearts there is a distinct possibility that going forward their days of having a career in politics are numbered and their best bet is some kind of pact with the LD.

Here's what I predict. Shrimperzone will go into meltdown come 6am on the 9th of June and the run up the Guardian on line will implode due to the sheer amount of links being created to their site :smile:

Bring it on!

A very canny and strategic move on the PM's part. Time to either either put up or shut up as a couple of pundits have put it. Very cynical and opportunistic but that's politics. She'll finally have the mandate of the British people to hopefully deliver what she believes is possible with regards to Brexit. And let's not kid ourselves, this is all about Brexit and driving home those last few nails in Labours coffin as a viable political opposition.

JC will have his work cut out to even make a dent in her support and TF will be doing all he can to lobby and garner support from centrists within the Labour ranks who just know in their heart of hearts there is a distinct possibility that going forward their days of having a career in politics are numbered and their best bet is some kind of pact with the LD.

Here's what I predict. Shrimperzone will go into meltdown come 6am on the 9th of June and the run up the Guardian on line will implode due to the sheer amount of links being created to their site :smile:

Bring it on!

She doesn't need to. Corduroy is doing that for them.

And so it begins.....

Probably a sensible time while Labour continue to implode spectacularly with their un-electable leader and it will give her a clear mandate going forward.

I wonder if Duddridge might feel a little wobble in his support in Southend though following his backing for Southend A&E being downgraded - possibly Amess too?

Hopefully Francois will feel a wobble as well and realise there is more to being the local MP than just pitching up for the odd photo the local freebie:raspberry:

Quite the U-turn from her repeated denials...

Surely only one result here to give her her beloved mandate to pursue a hard Brexit?
she LOVES a U-turn so this was always on the cards.

I assume this means they scrap the boundary changes but what happens with the numerous Tory election fraud cases? I think there are 12 different police forces still collecting evidence to file cases.

Not everyone. I hate the vile tory party, but I hate Corduroy and what he's done to the labour party more.
You hate them, yet you're going to vote for them? I have issues with JC too, but the way I see it it's more important to get the Tories out of no.10, and then hope that Labour sorts itself out.

Got to say, I never saw that coming. If the polls are right ( yeah I know :hilarious:) then Labour are looking at a plane crash and the tories at a three figure majority. Things have just got interesting and I'm looking forward to seeing what Corbyn is really made of.

Back