• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

amsemp

Director⭐
It's that time again!

Any rumours, targets or suggestions?

Expiring contracts Championship:
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/championship/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB2

Expiring contracts League One:
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-one/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB3

Expiring contracts League Two:
http://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/league-two/endendevertraege/wettbewerb/GB4

Some very good players out of contract in the summer. To name but a few that caught my eye, Mark Beevers and Byron Webster of Millwall, and Jonathan Obika of Swindon. None will come cheap, but would be real quality additions to the squad.

Last edited:
A couple from the league 2 list I wouldn't mind: Will go through the other lists next time im bored.

Reuben Reid
Curtis Weston
Joel Grant
Mathieu Baudry
Jake Jervis
John Akinde
Cristian Montano
George Francomb

Didn't realise Akinde was out of contract. Would be a cracking signing but I imagine he'll have a queue of clubs trying to sign him.

Ryan Hall. We need a quality left winger and odious as he is he was that.

John Egan up for grabs too. so are Wright, McGlashan and Martin amongst others.

Ryan Hall. We need a quality left winger and odious as he is he was that.

John Egan up for grabs too. so are Wright, McGlashan and Martin amongst others.

No thank you, besides which he WAS quality whilst here, not seen or heard anything lately to suggest he's still like that.

Egan I would have back in a heartbeat.

No thank you, besides which he WAS quality whilst here, not seen or heard anything lately to suggest he's still like that.

Egan I would have back in a heartbeat.

He is interested in Southend. So watch this space.

I really wanted us to have a punt on Chris Assombalonga but I was at the Chelmsford City Matt Le Tissier evening Friday and apparently on his way to Dagenham as is Danny Cowley!

I would be surprised to see Egan come back here as I understand several championship clubs are interested, but would be delighted to be proven wrong.

We need to free up a few spaces first - this is the week (and maybe today is the day) when Brown tells people who he's not renewing. It's the same at all other clubs too, so the 'available' list will be much longer by the weekend.

Judging by the seasons events and the team selections of the last few weeks I thnik we can assume Prosser, Bolger, Weston, Hurst will not be here next season. Possibly add Hunt and Worrall to the list too.

This gentleman commenting on the SUFC Facebook page has worked it all out:

Fadil Bajrami: hope in summer you bring this players: moncur from colchester,inman from crewe,aldred from blackpool,odjidja ofoe from norwich,juan valera ex getafe,pocognoli from wba,akinde from barnet..and than you can play with this line up 4-2-3-1: bentley,valera,aldred,barret,pocognoli,payne,inman,moncur, moussa,odjidja,akinde..with this team southend can be dangerous next season and go without problem to championship with the manager you have.

I see the goalkeeper issue as a difficult one for the club. Opinion seems to be divided on this forum as to whether or not Ted Smith is ready to step up to being first choice goalkeeper. We certainly need another, experienced goalkeeper in the squad and I don't really see Paul Smith filling that role. Probably one of our best goalkeeping situations was when we had the experienced Paul Sansome and the up-and-coming Simon Royce both vying for the first-team jersey. I think that Ted Smith would be helped by having a Paul Sansome equivalent in the squad.

Of course, we are all assuming that Bentley will leave but what if no one comes in for him who will offer him a better deal than we have offered? My guess is that Ron isn't going to take on another goalkeeper until Bentley has definitely left, which may mean us missing out on some of the more useful experienced goalkeepers who are looking for a new club.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to available and experienced goalkeepers capable of doing a good job in League 1 that we might feasibly be able to afford to sign?

This gentleman commenting on the SUFC Facebook page has worked it all out:

Fadil Bajrami: hope in summer you bring this players: moncur from colchester,inman from crewe,aldred from blackpool,odjidja ofoe from norwich,juan valera ex getafe,pocognoli from wba,akinde from barnet..and than you can play with this line up 4-2-3-1: bentley,valera,aldred,barret,pocognoli,payne,inman,moncur, moussa,odjidja,akinde..with this team southend can be dangerous next season and go without problem to championship with the manager you have.

There really should be some sort of mental test before you can join that page :hilarious:

Back