• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Planning Application Now Registered - 17/00733/FULM

Would be nice to know if its still 3 stands or if thats been changed to 4....

The proposal shown is for the finished stadium. As far as I am aware, the plans are still to go with three sides but with the fourth following pretty soon after, and certainly quicker than originally intended.

I think the planning application has always been 4 sides. The idea of delaying the build of the main stand did not change the plans. As OBL says and from what I'm told with new people on board, like the hotel then the fourth side will be going up much quicker than has been said

To complicated to explain at the mo as I have to be at London Bridge for the 10:06 but I can see the plans being further delayed over the access by roads problem around FF.

I think the planning application has always been 4 sides. The idea of delaying the build of the main stand did not change the plans. As OBL says and from what I'm told with new people on board, like the hotel then the fourth side will be going up much quicker than has been said

To complicated to explain at the mo as I have to be at London Bridge for the 10:06 but I can see the plans being further delayed over the access by roads problem around FF.

The plans have always been for a full stadium just not one that was going to be completed when first built. Unfortunately that doesnt seem to have change as its to be built in phases, phase one will be a for 3 sides only, the 4th stand to be built at a later date.

As for it going up much quicker than previously thought I hope so, but its been a decade and nothing has been started. I dont have a huge amount of confidence that once 3 sides are up anything will happen quickly as there has been no history of anything being delivered at all so far, let alone quickly.

If its a year later then that wouldnt be the end of the world, but I cant imagine anyone has much confidence in any timescales when it comes to the stadium anymore.

At least with such low expectations we can only be pleasantly surprised!

This is something i feel strongly about ,and certainly if SUFC is to progress is needed,I pray that this time it will eventuate and have a gut feeling that yes this is the time .I believe it would be a derelict of duty should the SBC not pass these plans.It will as stated bring much needed revenue into the town whilst also providing the clubs supporters and their are many i think that would love to be there watching their team who dont go because of the state of RH.I have tried to add my support but the site wont allow as i dont have a UK postcode.Please all you supporters of the best club in the world SUFC whether tou attend games or not add your support ,let the SBC know that "Now is the Time'.:Worthy:

The plans have always been for a full stadium just not one that was going to be completed when first built. Unfortunately that doesnt seem to have change as its to be built in phases, phase one will be a for 3 sides only, the 4th stand to be built at a later date.

As for it going up much quicker than previously thought I hope so, but its been a decade and nothing has been started. I dont have a huge amount of confidence that once 3 sides are up anything will happen quickly as there has been no history of anything being delivered at all so far, let alone quickly.

If its a year later then that wouldnt be the end of the world, but I cant imagine anyone has much confidence in any timescales when it comes to the stadium anymore.

At least with such low expectations we can only be pleasantly surprised!

IMO whether or not the fourth side gets built depends on how long BL stay involved. Once it's down to RM alone I can see things stalling again. If a hotel is already in discussions or even ready to go whilst BL have been involved then it probably will get built, and pretty soon afterwards.

IMO whether or not the fourth side gets built depends on how long BL stay involved. Once it's down to RM alone I can see things stalling again. If a hotel is already in discussions or even ready to go whilst BL have been involved then it probably will get built, and pretty soon afterwards.

Why not just build the stadium with four sides. That would make the most sense.

I received a message fro Bluedriven regarding my thread ,in it he says he had a meeting with the council last Thursday and that my beloved chairman (RM ) has not submitted any plans as yet to the council

I received a message fro Bluedriven regarding my thread ,in it he says he had a meeting with the council last Thursday and that my beloved chairman (RM ) has not submitted any plans as yet to the council

If that's true, what plans did I make a supporting comment for? :unsure:

The plans are in for both the stadium and the training facilities etc in Rochford.

The club would not be making the noises for support they are making now if it were not true.

How many more times are you going to spout this drivel? You were told last time that the plans can be seen in full on the Southend Council planning website along with the dates they were submitted and all the subsequent communications between the architects, Sport England etc.

If you’re going to troll, pick a subject you have a clue about.

Did he also break the news that the Earth is flat and is being carried around on the back of a three legged arthritic turtle called Alan?

Many, many things about the whole new ground saga are subject to wild rumours, this is not one of them

Just to let you and others know Bluedriven is a troll who contacts people by private message making ridiculous claims. I normally get a few angry PM's from people claiming to be in the know but Bluedriven sent one to several people claiming Tilson was a complete fraud etc.

Did he also break the news that the Earth is flat and is being carried around on the back of a three legged arthritic turtle called Alan?

Many, many things about the whole new ground saga are subject to wild rumours, this is not one of them

In fairness to bw, I received the same private message. The difference was that I ignored it because it was obviously rubbish.

I've also had a few "rants" via private messaging from Bluedriven in the past.

Am I right in thinking that the stadium is meant to be being discussed in the December Council meeting? The 18th of December rings a bell in my head for some reason.

Am I right in thinking that the stadium is meant to be being discussed in the December Council meeting? The 18th of December rings a bell in my head for some reason.

I think it's been fairly well established that it's not on the agenda for this meeting.

I know that Ron doesn't want to leave anything to chance and is making sure that no problems present themselves so he'll be making sure it is absolutely good to go before it does reach the council. Hopefully next meeting.

Back