• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

My gripe is that we were told this last season too...why are our players not ready for a seasons beginning...AGAIN!!! It's no secret when the season starts, so why has the manager assembled a squad that can't have a decent pre season thus costing us valuable points...please see last season for proof of this.

also the same as last season bringing in other teams rejects a player thats not played for over two years ,a player that even burton did not want a untried french striker that cant even speak english a new country so will take the rest of the season to settle ,not replaced a very dodgy keeper ,should of signed that young brighton keeper and the same dodgey tatics yet again

also the same as last season bringing in other teams rejects a player thats not played for over two years ,a player that even burton did not want a untried french striker that cant even speak english a new country so will take the rest of the season to settle ,not replaced a very dodgy keeper ,should of signed that young brighton keeper and the same dodgey tatics yet again

We've taken untried "French" players before (Laurent and Mohsni) - they both did ok and neither took long to settle. Plenty of players in the Prem who don't speak the language of their coach and doesn't seem to have hindered them too much. I had a feeling Burton DID want Kightly?

As for Christian Walton, well, he had a few dodgy games too - out of interest, who are you describing as the very dodgy keeper? Oxley was playing fantastically when he picked up the injury that kept him out at the end of last season.

These old veterans simply cannot turn it on week after week...giving long lucrative contracts to these type of players is frankly appalling.

we just seemed intent on moving the ball forward quickly, even it is was not aimed at one of our players. And what's the point of lumping it all day when the opposition were very strong in the air. Was really expecting us to get it on the deck and pass and move.

That's probably the reason why these players are playing in League 1 and not higher?. How long doe's it take a defender to realise the 'hoof' ball isn't working, and to play the ball low?.
All your doing is giving the ball back to the opposition!.
Back in our play off final win, Lincoln were a 'team of giants' ( Tilly's quote ), so common sense dictates you play it on the ground!.

We've taken untried "French" players before (Laurent and Mohsni) - they both did ok and neither took long to settle. Plenty of players in the Prem who don't speak the language of their coach and doesn't seem to have hindered them too much. I had a feeling Burton DID want Kightly?

As for Christian Walton, well, he had a few dodgy games too - out of interest, who are you describing as the very dodgy keeper? Oxley was playing fantastically when he picked up the injury that kept him out at the end of last season.

Burton fans certainly wanted Kightly at least. They were gutted that he decided to join us over them. And by all accounts I saw from pre-season, that 'untried french striker' looked very good and could prove to be a good signing in the future.

Just a few thoughts / comments...I don't think 4-4-2 with 2 attacking wide men works away from home. I'm not sure Hendrie was any worse than Demetriou or Ferdinand and I wonder if PB's original thinking in buying him was to play him left-sided midfield in an Atkinson type role with Kightly on the right. I think we need to bring in another CM more than anything else (or two if we put Lenny out of his misery and let him go)

MAF - 4 - If he was a little younger then he would've been perfect for the hoof ball ***** we played. Leaving a 34 year old man to chase the ball and beat the last man was never going to work.

He's 36, not 34.

Dreadful. In all seriousness I'm struggling to think of such an inept and gutless performance. It was way worse than Tuesday. By a mile.

How does it compare to the infamous 5-0 at Carlisle?

Standard Brown protocol after one of these types of performances is to blame a centre-back and freeze them out. Will this be White or Anton?

Whilst the subs seem to have done a good job in keeping the scoreline under 6, it's a little disappointing that with the game well over by half time we didn't use this as an opportunity to give Yearwood, Bridge or Ba some league experience. With six of our starting line-up already over 30 and a further two set to pass that milestone this season, we're not lacking in experience to bed in a second player under the age of 26. Especially as that looks a rather open midfield on paper and could have been tightened up by playing Yearwood or Timlin wide midfield alongside two centre-mids.

He's 36, not 34.

How does it compare to the infamous 5-0 at Carlisle?

Standard Brown protocol after one of these types of performances is to blame a centre-back and freeze them out. Will this be White or Anton?

Whilst the subs seem to have done a good job in keeping the scoreline under 6, it's a little disappointing that with the game well over by half time we didn't use this as an opportunity to give Yearwood, Bridge or Ba some league experience. With six of our starting line-up already over 30 and a further two set to pass that milestone this season, we're not lacking in experience to bed in a second player under the age of 26. Especially as that looks a rather open midfield on paper and could have been tightened up by playing Yearwood or Timlin wide midfield alongside two centre-mids.

That makes it even worse!

Back