• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Billericay Town

Yep, of course it is.

How is it different. You could argue that some of the Tamplin type characters have a touch of Robin Hood about them. The PL is more a case of the super rich robbing the poor

Bearing in mind the competition (ES Cup), opposition and weather it wasn't so bad. It's their league games where the numbers have dropped dramatically and nowhere near the wildly optimistic target set, but that was always going to happen.

How is it different. You could argue that some of the Tamplin type characters have a touch of Robin Hood about them. The PL is more a case of the super rich robbing the poor

Could you, like Karl Williams perhaps?? Yeh very unlike Robin Hood. Abramovich or Tamplin...hmm, now let me see....nope, can't see any similarity there, unless Roman does a bit of fly-tipping on the side?

giphy.gif

Good luck to Billers and their fans,local club has some success for a while why not? come on chaps we all know the source of their many wins but it seems most are at it these days.:thumbsup:

Could you, like Karl Williams perhaps?? Yeh very unlike Robin Hood. Abramovich or Tamplin...hmm, now let me see....nope, can't see any similarity there, unless Roman does a bit of fly-tipping on the side?

You won't get to read about any Roman's exploits in the Russian press because Journalists are routinely assassinated for speaking up. You wont read about the dozens of companies he has set up and liquidated.

There are of course certain people in the know who claim he is just a front for a complicated money laundering scam.

In your opinion. It makes for interesting reading and ties-in with other info available on said character, his many 'businesses' and a disinclination to paying HMRC - fact. Lots of shenanigans in the colourful world of non-league football don't ya know....
How dare we talk about Glen Tamplin, when our owner is running us at 12-15 million in debt...I know Glen Tamplin is in your face, but I quite like him.

You won't get to read about any Roman's exploits in the Russian press because Journalists are routinely assassinated for speaking up. You wont read about the dozens of companies he has set up and liquidated.

There are of course certain people in the know who claim he is just a front for a complicated money laundering scam.

You keep believing that if you wish, little point discussing further when you’re apparently so well informed.....

How dare we talk about Glen Tamplin, when our owner is running us at 12-15 million in debt...I know Glen Tamplin is in your face, but I quite like him.

Each to their own, have yet to find anything likeable in GT but as it’s all a case of individual opinion then good for you.

You keep believing that if you wish, little point discussing further when you’re apparently so well informed.....

You could do your own research about Abramovich. You never know you might learn something new.

Such comments don’t work with me, matey, you have no idea how much I know of RA and his background and activities. But you just keep on thinking you know far better than others on that and most other discussions with which you’re involved on here ‘cos it obviously helps keep you such a happy bunny. End.

Ta-ra.

All this talk about possible corruption and dodgy dealings etc is kind of ironic, as they played the "Metropolitan Police" today in a 2-2 draw. :smile:

All this talk about possible corruption and dodgy dealings etc is kind of ironic, as they played the "Metropolitan Police" today in a 2-2 draw. :smile:

Love the fact that the Metropolitan Police is still an ongoing football team.

Remember them playing Crook Town in the FA Cup once! :cool:

Last edited:
Love the fact that the Metropolitan Police is still an ongoing football team.

Remember them playing Crook Town in the FA Cup once! :cool:

Sadly not necessary associated with Met Police to play nowadays, the old commissioner wouldnot give them time off to play, so they had to open to non Met Police players

Good luck to Billers and their fans,local club has some success for a while why not? come on chaps we all know the source of their many wins but it seems most are at it these days.:thumbsup:

Some of my happiest memories was going to Wembley to watch Billericay in the FA Vase final in the late 70's, they had a decent forward called Freddie Clayden who had an eye for goal, always wondered why we never tried to sign him.
In them days you could follow a non league and not get abused for following a lower club and being not a true follower of Southend

UTS

Back