• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Morons, keep going Anton, I don't care if you support the Hamsters, I know you out in 100% every time you pull on a Southend shirt and seem to like playing here, so please the idiotic morons who keep booing him, **** off

How can anyone following the resurgence under SCP still find the need to be abusive to any player. Many didn't play as well or under performed under PB, but we are seeing a very different story under SCP. All fans need to enjoy the last four games get behind the team regardless of who is playing and enjoy the ride. This season will be about consolidation now, for SCP to assess the squad and then we go again next season. Personally based on the past few weeks I can't wait for next season already. As for the abuser, maybe they should be put in their place, as they have no place in the stands next to the majority of us

Ive said it before and i ll say it again anyone who calls themselves a SUFC supporter would not boo or heckle one of the SUFC players no matter how indifferent that players form maybe,if a person does then he is not a supporter and needs to be told one way or another,"A SUPPORTER SUPPORTS ".

I think if anyone hears Anton being booed before the game, perhaps nearby Shrimpers should have a quiet word with the idiots and explain the error of their ways. :winking:

Last edited:
Ive said it before and i ll say it again anyone who calls themselves a SUFC supporter would not boo or heckle one of the SUFC players no matter how indifferent that players form maybe,if a person does then he is not a supporter and needs to be told one way or another,"A SUPPORTER SUPPORTS ".

Well said. They get enough grief from the opposition fans, they certainly don't need it from our so called "12th man" of our club.

Totally with wivs....follow the team....they're on the up under CP...:Worthy:.....don't victimise....support....come May, you might ??? be surprised...:winking:

I've never really take much notice on what players clapped the fans, manager comments etc which seem to be huge to some. I go to football to watch the team play football.

I'm afraid I've never understood the abuse your own side and manager mentality! Things don't always go to plan and with perhaps a rare exception players and management will always do their best for their club I feel - particulary outside the premiership. I can perhaps understand a negativity towards someone maybe trying to engineer a move away from a club.

Personally I have no issue with say Anton supporting West Ham - they are his club just the same as Southend are mine, If i had ever (been good enough) to play league football and say Colchester had offered me a contract that wouldn't have changed my alligance to Southend one bit.

I don't understand the mentality of some fans, I recall being at a match at Hillsborough a few years ago, the fan behind me spent the entire game moaning and bitching about SWFC - 'You're rubbish Wednesday', 'Sort it out ref' 'this is *****' could be heard throughout the game - I really thought the guy was headed for a coronry - The idiot left with 5 minutes to go and the game at 2-2 only to miss a winner for the Owls in the last 5 minutes - It just sums up the idiocy for me of some fans!

It's because your average fan thinks he is a football expert. The whole analysis stuff of recent years doesn't help.

Thus, when inside a football ground, nothing but perfection is good enough for some. Anything short of this is met with the usual derisory comment and the chance to let off a bit of steam.

Plus, once someone is pigeon-holed as "useless" it just adds to the misconception that whatever they do will be hopeless and even if they do something right, it's met with the sarcastic response of those that think like that.

Take Anton, for example. It's just become norm now for some people to say that he can't play anymore and is at fault for everything, but in truth over 90 minutes, he might make one or two slight errors. If they cost a goal, then all hell breaks loose.

But show me a player who doesn't make mistakes. There isn't one. Just that if it's someone that the knives are out for, then it's highlighted 100 times more.

"...but in truth over 90 minutes, he might make one or two slight errors. If they cost a goal, then all hell breaks loose."

...and for those here that have ever played in goal, ain't that the truth!

It's because your average fan thinks he is a football expert. The whole analysis stuff of recent years doesn't help.

Thus, when inside a football ground, nothing but perfection is good enough for some. Anything short of this is met with the usual derisory comment and the chance to let off a bit of steam.

Plus, once someone is pigeon-holed as "useless" it just adds to the misconception that whatever they do will be hopeless and even if they do something right, it's met with the sarcastic response of those that think like that.

Take Anton, for example. It's just become norm now for some people to say that he can't play anymore and is at fault for everything, but in truth over 90 minutes, he might make one or two slight errors. If they cost a goal, then all hell breaks loose.

But show me a player who doesn't make mistakes. There isn't one. Just that if it's someone that the knives are out for, then it's highlighted 100 times more.

I generally agree with much you say but can't quite work out why you appear to be on the pompous fan bandwagon. I have criticised Anton and he has deserved it. As I said previously, I don't berate him at games, but that does not make me a superior supporter. Some of the comments on this thread are incredible. It seems, anyone that does not support in a prescribed way, must be an idiot or moron and not a ''true" supporter. Someone has suggested ' having a word' with fans, at the game, that hurl abuse? Good luck with that!

Anton has done much better of late and that's good. Who he supports I don't care. But if anyone thinks, there is only one decent and proper way to be a supporter, I suggest they should wind their neck in.

If anyone was to blame for Wigan's goal on Sat it was Timlin, he lost possession in midfield. I didn't hear anyone slating him, as apart from that one error he was excellent on sat.
As regards Ferdinand, yes, the first 5 months of the season he's been average at best and abject in some games. But, lets all start with a clean sheet (as I'm sure CP has said to the players) and I will judge him from then, so far, no issues for me and agree we should all be behind CP and ALL the players as its a new start effectively.

I've been critical of Ferdinand ( only on here , i'm a true fan so i never shout abuse at a player wearing our shirt ) but i have to say Anton played really well against Wigan and despite not having his speed of old he more than made up for with experience and knowhow. I'm still a little uncomfortable that our Centre Backs are far too similar , but both are great players and are doing the business at the moment , so good on em.

As for running straight off , the numpties who directly slag our own players off are the ones who we should be debating , i am just embarrassed when a fellow ""supporter"" abuses one of our own , however bad that player made have played.
There's absolutely no excuse for it , it only serves to harm our team and we should do our utmost to keep all our players confidence at the high levels that Chris Powell has managed to achieve.

UTB

I generally agree with much you say but can't quite work out why you appear to be on the pompous fan bandwagon. I have criticised Anton and he has deserved it. As I said previously, I don't berate him at games, but that does not make me a superior supporter. Some of the comments on this thread are incredible. It seems, anyone that does not support in a prescribed way, must be an idiot or moron and not a ''true" supporter. Someone has suggested ' having a word' with fans, at the game, that hurl abuse? Good luck with that!

Anton has done much better of late and that's good. Who he supports I don't care. But if anyone thinks, there is only one decent and proper way to be a supporter, I suggest they should wind their neck in.

I was referring more to those that have a pre-conceived view of a player 'rab' and set out to criticize from the start and/or boo the player, even before they've entered the field of play or during the warm up.

We all criticize in our own way. I do it. Who doesn't?

The point I was making was that it's one thing to criticize a player for a poor performance or not putting a shift in, but it's quite another to just dislike someone for the entire 90 minutes, whatever they do, because it's been decided that they aren't the one who should be playing.

Anton was running on empty for the last 20 minutes against Wigan, and I didn't see the Bury game so can't comment. This is to be expected as he hasn't been 100% fit all season.

Maybe him running straight off is physio related? Maybe getting straight down the tunnel, doing a warm down, getting in an ice bath or whatever they do these days makes it easier for him to recover and be that 1 or 2 % better prepared for the next game.

Standing around for a couple of minutes and then slowly trudging off may increase the risk of stiffening up?

Do I really care if the players clap my support? Do I ****!! Is is that important? NO

I think if anyone hears Anton being booed before the game, perhaps nearby Shrimpers should have a quiet word with the idiots and explain the error of their ways. :winking:
kiss the badge and all that?

been discussed on many forums, people say if they pay they can boo, and it’s their right (no bad language or racism) it’s just how it is and always will be.

kiss the badge and all that?

been discussed on many forums, people say if they pay they can boo, and it’s their right (no bad language or racism) it’s just how it is and always will be.

My post was a bit tongue in cheek, thus the winking emoji at the end. I agree everyone is entitled to an opinion but I really don't believe that booing any one in a Blues shirt before the match is going to have a positive affect on anyone.

I was referring more to those that have a pre-conceived view of a player 'rab' and set out to criticize from the start and/or boo the player, even before they've entered the field of play or during the warm up.

We all criticize in our own way. I do it. Who doesn't?

The point I was making was that it's one thing to criticize a player for a poor performance or not putting a shift in, but it's quite another to just dislike someone for the entire 90 minutes, whatever they do, because it's been decided that they aren't the one who should be playing.

Quite so. I conceded in my Wigan ratings that Anton had done better and accepted he had made me look a title for some of the comments I made about him on here previously. He did enough against Wigan for me to accept my mistake but it did not excuse his previous abject performances or ridiculous selection. A selection that was of no help to the team or him.

I don't shout abuse at him during matches or after the whistle but some do. You are right, there are some, that want to find fault in their scapegoats no matter what. That is a shame but supporting is subject and I find it really disappointing that some fans abuse their peers because they hold a different view or express it in an alternative way.

We get the, 'i go to every game's type, as though that makes them more of a supporter. No. It makes them more fortunate. Others want to label those they disagree with as idiots and morons. Perhaps some quiet introspection is needed.

There is a myriad of different personalities among the fans and as many ways support is expressed. It does not make one fan better than another.

Totally agree 'rab'.

Everyone supports in their own way.

I don't feel, though, that personally abusing a player before the game is the sort of thing that makes someone a supporter.

Just seems counter productive to me.

Last edited:
Back