• Welcome to the ShrimperZone forums.
    You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which only gives you limited access.

Existing Users:.
    Please log-in using your existing username and password. If you have any problems, please see below.

New Users:
    Join our free community now and gain access to post topics, communicate privately with other members, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and free. Click here to join.

Fans from other clubs
    We welcome and appreciate supporters from other clubs who wish to engage in sensible discussion. Please feel free to join as above but understand that this is a moderated site and those who cannot play nicely will be quickly removed.

Assistance Required
    For help with the registration process or accessing your account, please send a note using the Contact us link in the footer, please include your account name. We can then provide you with a new password and verification to get you on the site.

Is it not in RMs best interest to sell Lenny now? If he sees out his contract, he walks for nothing at the end of the season.

The counter argument is if we keep Lenny, we lose out on 500k maybe. He goes at the end if the season for nothing but helps us into the championship where we earn a lot more than 500k

Ron is going all out for a promotion this season and if that happens, who knows? Lenny may sign a new deal and promotion to the Championship is worth a hell of a lot more than half a million

Not sure what angle you are creating here but if Ron and Phil are joined up on this then all is good!

Time will tell if they are or not.

The mind works in mysterious ways, the last few weeks ups and downs could have a psychological impact on performance.

Your not wrong there mate.

Your angle of Ron and Phil working against each other is a non starter.

I think Ron Martin & Phil Brown have played this well so far and I believe 100% that Ron Martin will let Leonard walk on a free rather than sell him on a cheap in a season in which we're going for promotion.

I think Ryan Leonard has played this fine too. He wants out, he tried to achieve that by going about things the right way and handing in a transfer request. He may down tools in the future but he really doesn't seem the sort to me and I think you can gauge a lot from the difference in RM's attitude to Leonard here vs Nicky Bailey who was out the door within four days of Charlton's interest being made public.

I'm not hot on Sheffield United's conduct. They're using every trick in the book to get a good player for a fraction of his market value. But that's football and I'm certain we've done the same in the past.

I don't expect this saga to get resolved one way or the other until the season starts or maybe even the transfer window shuts.

Is it not in RMs best interest to sell Lenny now? If he sees out his contract, he walks for nothing at the end of the season.

The counter argument is if we keep Lenny, we lose out on 500k maybe. He goes at the end if the season for nothing but helps us into the championship where we earn a lot more than 500k

What's the rule on that? Lenny has been with us for some time now, but obviously didn't come up through the youth teams...

So we're gambling on promotion to the Premership to pay the bills. This could end up going horribly wrong......

So correct me if I have this wrong - but after 2 threads and 14 pages, nothing has actually happened?

Reckon this must be Lenny's current ring tone ??

[video=youtube_share;BN1WwnEDWAM]https://youtu.be/BN1WwnEDWAM[/video]

So correct me if I have this wrong - but after 2 threads and 14 pages, nothing has actually happened?

A bit has happened. Bids coming in are getting higher. All bids are rejected. Rumours of Lenny wanting to play in the Championship were true. Lenny is offered a vastly improved contract. Lenny puts in a transfer request. Ron talks him out of it. Lenny withdraws transfer request, but still won't sign the new contract.

Or fantastically right.......Actually we're gambling on promotion to the Championship, which will bring in a few Million.

Agreed but it's as big gamble and I hope Ron knows what he's doing. It'd be lovely for us to be challenging in the 2nd tier but not at the expense of what happened almost ten years ago.

I wonder if there was some sort of conversation which said we're going for promotion this season and if we're not in the mix came January and offers are on the table you can go then.

I wonder if there was some sort of conversation which said we're going for promotion this season and if we're not in the mix came January and offers are on the table you can go then.

Hang on, surely that's the same ambition every season. Otherwise they may not even bother.

I am going to suggest this will be some form of illumination pact. We shall soon see when and if Leonard scores a goal and celebrates with illuminate symbolism, like the pyramid sign in front of an eye. Ron is big in the illuminate.

At least if it blow a fuse, Phil can fix it. :unsure:

So let me get this straight. You're angry at leonard for handing in a transfer request (indicating you don't want him to leave), but now that he hasn't handed in a request, you're angry that he's not being leaving? Got it.

Where did I say I'm angry that he's not leaving? I just said I'm sick and tired with the whole thing.

I don't see this as boring.

What I see is the last 2 summers clubs being keen to take on our players , meaning that we are continuing to improve our squad I would say. Go back 5/6 years nonone really wanted our players. Players left at the end of contract and just ended up somewhere. There was never battles for our players.

Penny's wanted. If you're a club on the rise , this happens. I hope it happens every summer. I also hope that Lenny aside we continue to add players like Turner, Hendrie and Kightly .

Will he go, I don't know, if he does , we know we are now looking at better money now that half a mill has been turned down, will he stay , hope so, so we can use him for our push next season . But , I look at positives, I always have.

Back